Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Don't worry Kodiak. It's gonna get interesting. I guess I better stock up on popcorn and beer.

@ BlackSix

I have a question with regards to the village layouts. Are they hand-placed or was a template used? I wonder because one particular feature that appears again and again in various german Eastern Front books is that russian villages often "clung" to a road and were therefor rather "long and thin". This is what we germans call Strassendorf (Street Village).
So the Russians can only have linear settlemetns and not nucleus settlements? Are not settlements down to the land scape and geographic conditions and terrain?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

I thought the FM fixes and some other stuff were a bit of a unexpected surprise, this was supposed to be a pure performance fix as far as we were lead to believe, My guess is the fixes for the LW stuff will come later as they are less porked.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
For a better example, here's a comparison of the old and new speeds of the Fiat G.50. The data was taken by a special internal module that tests speeds at a range of altitudes using optimal engine settings. Human players will likely not be able to set their engine precisely the same way, or fly exactly level at the exact altitude, so testing this for yourselves may give you slightly different results. The vertical axis is the speed in kph, the horizontal is the top speed.
Is it possible, that you give us such a graph of all aircraft, when the patch comes out? Max level speed, climb rate, turning speed / time as well (like the old il-2 compre)?

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 04-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

Tnks you!! , and Happy Easter to all orthodox.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

Oh wow.

Am I going to have to re-do the Blenheim tutorials again???

Fantastic news all round and much looking forward to a thorough testing of the patch.

A little concerned regarding the FM alterations, but I'll wait and see.

Thanks B6.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 04-14-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

A great update! Thank you!

One thing scares me: the flight model stuff.

I cannot believe that the RAF planes are going to be getting WORSE instead of better. I just cannot believe it. And no changes to the 109s. Reduce the IIa, sure (though 60mph seems a bit of a too big reduction), but the Ia is a joke currently.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I hope this doesn't put me off flying vs other human pilots though. I hadn't even considered this until reading those changes, but the way things are going regarding the flight models I might go back to flying against the AI.... There's only so many times I want to take-off and offer myself up as target practice for the blue 109s. Right now, it's not too bad.

Just have to wait for the patch and see, I suppose.

You could make it up to us Red pilots by giving us a Spitfire V though!
Pilot #1 (9:40 hours flying time, 3/0/1 Fighters, 7/2/0 Bombers). RIP

No.401 Squadron Forum

Using ReconNZ's Pilot Log Book
Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Tree_UK

Thank you Blacksix, a question if I may, regarding the launcher.exe CTD, how have you tested this? I am sure you are aware that in the main its an online issue (Multiplayer). have the dev's been flying online to test for crashes?

many thanks

S!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

BlackSix the pictures are stunning. I'm not going to be paying attention to what I am supposed to be doing and just some sightseeing. Very impressive work. I show the people where I work and the results are unanimous they love it!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Ps 118:
Quote:
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. 23 This is the LORD' doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. 24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
+ + + + XB + + + +
<< Happy Easter >>
Old 04-13-2012, 12:49 PM
OutlawBlues

Default AI

Has the AI been improved to a point where we can get a decent fight with them? Much need for the offline players.