Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Quad core AMD 965 4*3,4 GHz
here:

I must say a huge step forward. Its running fast. Great patch
Old 04-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Thanks chaps, looking forward to this. Hope that Vsync is working properly now? The tears are a little annoying and I cannot get D3D over rider to work on my system. If reflected's assessment is anything to go by, we are in for a treat.

Cheers, and keep up the good work.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Sensing some well deserved sarcasm here. I hope the requests of the faint of heart don't take realism out of the sim because they don't like how things were back then>>??
Thank you for the patch... I'm quoting these guys... please KEEP THE SIM AS CLOSE TO REALITY AS POSSIBLE.... players will have to learn how to fly!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Afraid it doesn't work for me, same as last beta, ohh well, will wait for Sunday

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

I also think that realism should not be jeopardised only because someone doesnt like the way it was in reality. The mechanical tachometers were one of the thinks I loved just because of the immersion. I didn´t see the new ones yet..I will test the patch and report
Old 04-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

S!

Stutter gone or VERY minimal now, even with shadows on. Settings are more or less maxed out at 1920x1200 60Hz. Average FPS went up considerably and even more so with SSAO off. Still miss the VSync though. A step forward definitely!

Regarding the "adjusted" cut-outs etc. Please do not dump down the realism. IF people want rocksteady gauges and easy FM = go back to IL-2. Keep the realism, there are more relaxed settings to use if "too hard" or not something used to with original IL-2. CoD is new breed.

Ayways, the patch shows that dev team should squash bugs and add performance before new content. Helps with the future.
Approved Member

Thumbs up

On my system (see signature) the fps went up from avg. 20fps to avg. 66fps with following settings:

Unfortunately, I've still noticed "microstutters" (don't know if it was intended to be fixed with this patch)

Nevertheless - it seems that you have done a very good job, thank you very much and enjoy your weekend!
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
Thank you for the patch... I'm quoting these guys... please KEEP THE SIM AS CLOSE TO REALITY AS POSSIBLE.... players will have to learn how to fly!!!
The pilots should get smarter not the sim dumber. Please keep it real!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Great !
Old 04-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

It's running much smoother now. Getting 30+ fps over London now even with ssao and shadows turned on. The textures on the buildings and bridges don't pop until I'm right on top of them, but it's better than the alternative. Now if there was only some way I could save my weapon loadout I could actually start to play the game. The default convergence is way too far out for me.

core i7 920 stock
6GB DDR3
GTX 570 superclock
win7 64-bit