Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

trying to collide with cliffs, but I can literally fly inside them instead. Eventually I explode, but I have to fly deeper into the cliff.

Same scenario, but now the twitching/uncontrollabe view is present as well. The view just keeps resetting after I try to pan the view.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

I installed last beta patch in friday.
In the evening I tryed to go fly on-line.
During each 10 minutes Launcher.exe stopped work and game was dead.
After 4th time Launcher.exe crashed, I went sleep.

It shows me small Windows message that "program Launcher.exe stopped work blah blah blah" ..... and nothing else.
FPS was great and no stuttering.

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit
Intel core i5 750 2,67 GHz
RAM 4 GB DDR3
NVidia GeForce 470 GTX

SSAO was ON

Last edited by Daimler; 04-17-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Just thought i'd better report in that i'm having the same problem as Jarsalla in his second video (twitchy/uncontrollable views) especially in light of the fact that the feedback to this beta patch has been so overwhelmingly positive... and that the game is now literally unplayable for me.

It seems even to sometimes change the mouse from panning/zooming/offsetting to controlling roll? (head, not aircraft) My freetrack is disabled...

The patch also seemed to unbind all of my key mapping (as well as resetting a few other settings - though that might have been removing the mods) so i'm not sure if it's some kind of interference between binds but i've looked at everything I can think of and put in all the binds I was using that I could remember.

Brief Specs - Q6600 @stock
HD 6950 stock
4GB DDR2
Windows 7 64 Bit

It's possible i've broken something by removing the mods, but I have verified the files and reinstalled the patch a couple of times so /shrug.

Will give it another go on Monday I guess.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:43 AM
Approved Member

Magnificent progress guys, hats off to you!

Have finally been able to fly my first multiplayer games with the new Beta and it works great. 100FPS+ over water and 50-70FPS over land.
Much harder to shoot down planes than 1946! The new Damage Hit Point model will be welcome for the score keepers! Side effect of this is that it will finally stop or at least significantly reduce the kill stealing arguments!

All settings on high with Grass, Shadows Roads and unlimited buildings with 8xAA and NOSSAO (AA only seams to work on some Aircraft surfaces and the cockpit view) Cant wait to see what's possible with crossfire/sli!

Feature or instruction request:
1. I find the window interface with Multiplayer while flying a bit clunky compared to 1946. Is there anyway to save window positions and sizes. The Map is always way too small and i would like a default chat box like the old game too so I don't have to keep creating the window.
2. Cockpit zoom - increment and decrement keys would be good and if possible map to axis/slider! The current hold a key and move the mouse option is really clumsy!

Building Texture Bug:
Sometimes the building textures don't seem to load properly and I don't have all buildings, just low res roof texture on the ground. Cant seem to replicate it consistently but It happens when changing building settings I think. Only rectified after restarting game and changing building settings again. Tried cleaning cache and that didnt seem to help either.

Launcher Crash:
When switching enemy or friendly external view more than 2-3 times.

Spec
i7 950 @ 4.6Ghz
6GB Ram @ 2000Mhz
4 x 5870 @ 1000/1300
2 x 128GB SSD Raid 0
Win 7 Ult 64bit
1920x1080 Resolution

Last edited by FS~Phat; 04-18-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs down Same situation for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick View Post
After installing the patch, the game no longer loads for me.

I get the cross-hair flash up then nothing, guess I will wait until it is pushed through on Monday.
Ilya, I suspect 'Steam' is the culprit in this situation. After I ugraded my system to Windows 7 64bit, I had no end of trouble getting 'Steam' to believe that it was me again. Ten layers of passwords later and numerous automated email messages from Steam (that you can't reply to), 'Miracle' the flight sim (ver.1.00.13954) started to work.

When I downloaded the patch, same situation as 'Deadstick' above? If the real patch doesn't work through Steam you are going to have some 'p....d-off' members.

So, sorry that I can't report how the new patch works on my system? My suggestion is you show 'Steam' this thread and ask them if they are having problems getting the manual patch through there numerous defences for some people?

On the good side of this thread, I have enjoyed reading that the majority of members are seeing good performance gains!

DFLion
Old 04-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Approved Member

I just realized that flying through a cloud i paused the game and viewed my aircraft from outside. As somebody mentioned (i think) the sun was flashing like on a camera on certain angels.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Default Grass

found out that the problem with the missing grass is caused by a wrong setting in the conf.ini

if you turn on grass in the game menu, the config entry is set to 3 which is of course wrong because it has to be 1.

you can turn on grass by setting it manually to 1 in the conf.ini and the grass will appear in game... but every time you go to the settings menu the wrong entry 3 will be written to the conf again.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
I just realized that flying through a cloud i paused the game and viewed my aircraft from outside. As somebody mentioned (i think) the sun was flashing like on a camera on certain angels.
My sun is sometimes flikering too, even i im not in cloud. If i look right at sun.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Has anyone else added a Moscow time clock to their taskbar to keep track of patch releases?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem0nEgg View Post
Just thought i'd better report in that i'm having the same problem as Jarsalla in his second video (twitchy/uncontrollable views) especially in light of the fact that the feedback to this beta patch has been so overwhelmingly positive... and that the game is now literally unplayable for me.

It seems even to sometimes change the mouse from panning/zooming/offsetting to controlling roll? (head, not aircraft) My freetrack is disabled...

The patch also seemed to unbind all of my key mapping (as well as resetting a few other settings - though that might have been removing the mods) so i'm not sure if it's some kind of interference between binds but i've looked at everything I can think of and put in all the binds I was using that I could remember.

Brief Specs - Q6600 @stock
HD 6950 stock
4GB DDR2
Windows 7 64 Bit

It's possible i've broken something by removing the mods, but I have verified the files and reinstalled the patch a couple of times so /shrug.

Will give it another go on Monday I guess.
Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs but as well as removing the mod folders did you restore the original Launcher.exe.config ?

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders