Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

UAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD VIDEO zakkandrachoff.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Global Moderator

It is what it is.

There is no fixing the past, no matter how much you think it should be changed.

I've heard it said, "Eating fish is good for brain development". All growing children should be eating fish.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilon_x View Post
secret japanese army imported from Germany and italy. and the project mod in japanese mode.
As half a German I cant thank you enough you guys fought on our side...
Not sure if you even can call that "fighting", but anyway.

Old 07-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
They had no chance, none, to even hope for an armistice at that point.
They didn't even know how to surrender - never happend before in Japanese history.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
tl;dr

it's a flight simulation game dude, get over it

that was my only point
Which was nothing to do with the discussion (which was about who plays this game compared to other genres) other than a chance for you to stroke your e-penis and get obsessive about definitions and naming conventions.

Quote:
lol at being scorned over a faggot joke
Yeah, because straight up insulting people counts as jokes now.

Oh well, never mind AdMan, you'll always be my favourite humourless definitions-nazi.

I loooooved the way that Sky Crawlers looked, I errrrr...just got bored of the story waiting for stuff to happen when I started to watch it ages ago, haha. Looks like I should have been more patient! Not sure how authentic the smoke and such are, though, they're very exaggerated I suspect, does look awesome, though. Actually, watching that, what it seems is missing in SoW compared to most people's expectations is the mixing of the fire and smoke into one plume near the source of the smoke...they're always two seperate effects that are not necessarily emerging from the same location. The fire also seems to be overly bright towards the middle compared to movie effects and such that most people compare to. Once again I don't know how relevant that criticism is.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Default "Give me some "holy sh... did that just happen" ideas"!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We all know the drill. Read briefing. Take off. Follow waypoints. Engage target. Maneuver. Go home. Debrief.

I'm looking for some ideas to break up the monotony. Things that make you jump out of your seat. Things that immerse you in the game world. These can be based on historical events, or these can be your own ideas, as long as they're rooted in reality.

This means things that happen before the mission, during the mission, or after the mission. Interesting new mission types. Events. Features. These can be one-off events we may try to recreate during the mission, or more general ideas such as "it'd be cool if X did Y when Z".

And yes, while it'd be extremely cool if a variety of highly detailed civilian females with 20 types of historical clothing walked the Prince of Wales pier, and propwash of you Spitfire affected their skirts, and it'd be even cooler if the captain of the German schooner dropped his monocle when a flight of Blenheims appeared on the horizon, but let's try to keep in mind that we have limited development resources and a tight schedule.

I have lots of ideas of my own, but I'd like to keep them a secret. So I may be a little vague further down the thread when I see an idea I've already had or something new I'd like to use.

Also, please try to keep this thread constructive. Let's use it to offer new or add to existing ideas. Let's not turn it into a heated discussion of why you think a certain idea sucks."

Time gentlemen!

Viking
Old 07-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
And yes, while it'd be extremely cool if a variety of highly detailed civilian females with 20 types of historical clothing walked the Prince of Wales pier,
Anything other than a bikini and I couldn't care less.

my $.02
Old 07-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
Which was nothing to do with the discussion (which was about who plays this game compared to other genres)
that was a discussion you were having with yourself, I was suggesting a "holy sh... did that just happen moment" as the thread title asks for. Then you and a couple other people started throwing a tissy fit
Old 07-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilon_x View Post
secret japanese army imported from Germany and italy. and the project mod in japanese mode.

gp, I'd love to give my hand at flying those
Old 07-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
that was a discussion you were having with yourself, I was suggesting a "holy sh... did that just happen moment" as the thread title asks for. Then you and a couple other people started throwing a tissy fit
I didn't throw a hissy fit, I just pointed out why your suggestion might not be appreciated by a fairly large proportion of the people who play the game. ElAurens threw a hissy fit. I think you're likely to see lots of weird and wonderful experimental aircraft like that appear if the 3rd party addon industry takes off.

I'd like to see occasional confusion from AAA about which aircraft they're meant to be shooting at. Seems to be a feature of a lot of pilots' memoirs, cursing friendly gunners.