Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Default End of Group Stage B

Old 02-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

KIA

I don't like it...

It's been a great experience and loads of fun to take part of this tournament! I'd like to thank the gentlemen in my group; Edal, winny, themeistor, wolfsalt and Mage for the matches. My god you are skilled players! And it was just great excitement and fun to play every single one of you. I did write a tiny blog to remember each mission. You know how to find it.

And once more a big hand to General MACADEMIC and General Edal for making it possible. Great job guys!

To the rest of you, I just want to say I think it is a real shame I didn't get to fight you in the skies during the tournament. My cannons was all prepared to down you without mercy!

And to every single one of you... I really look forward to a 1on1 encounter in the skies with you as soon as possible! You pick the plane of youre choice...

Cheers and happy hunting to the remaining aces!

Last edited by McQ59; 02-16-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Sorry I missed some matches. Had series of illness between myself and family members so not had chance to get online except for 2
Brief times over weekend.
Great tournament, I look forward to seeing the closing matches play out. Good luck to all left involved!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

edal buddy am online right now if you want to play are match
Old 02-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation Ace of Aces Finals - Super Brawl

Hi all!

Edal and I spoke about the possibility of scheduling the finals for Sunday February 27th early in the day, followed by a huge party for all participants and friends going well into the evening, a celebration of winners, losers, the tournament, the P-51 Mustang Purist Club and our BOP community as a whole. Just plainly and simply a huge firework of BOP action and fun we'd like to call

The Ace of Aces SUPER BRAWL Sunday!

Activities, not limited to:

- The Finals of A tournament, with the chance of select witnesses being present and providing live reporting via text chat (pending finalist's approval and testing)

- A virtual presentation ceremony for the winner, finalist and third in Text Chat, with live interviews, match recap, champagne shower, etc.

- A Fly-In at either Manston or Catania with everybody landing and taking up viewing positions on one side of the runway with aerobatic displays and showfighting taking place in a predefined airspace on the other side of the airfield (needs testing and preparation)

- Gigantic Aerial Battles of P-51D5s versus P-51Bs in Strike mode

- Brutal Aerial Football matches in Capture Airfield mode (Aerial Football? See HERE)

- Massive Wine, Beer, Popcorn,...

etc. etc.

All P-51 Mustang Purist Club members and Friends are invited. Non members may be admitted on application and our discretion.

I look forward to hearing from many of you soon!

MAC

P.S.: May I ask the following:

- all quarterfinalists to state whether or not a scheduled final on Sunday Feb 27th between 0800 UTC and 1200 UTC would suit them

- everybody else to state their intention to participate, if possible with suggestions to make the Super Brawl truly memorable

- Graphic Artists reaper1526, Olife-, winny1973 for promotional material (poster)

- wifes and girlfriends of Aces to schedule a day out and allow the Aces to participate

Quarterfinalists/Qualifiers able to commit to scheduled Finals YES/NO:

- edal 86 YES
- JRHOODY1 YES
- draux36 YES
- MIRGERVIN YES
- themeistor YES
- wolfsalt YES
- reaper1526 YES
- Olife- ?
- kavorland YES
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P51.jpg (190.4 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 02-16-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Hi Edal & Mac,
I've got the proper version of the Bracket here..

If you link to the above photobucket url I'll update same day as any data I receive.

( http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/z...ne/AoATB-1.jpg )

Last edited by winny; 02-15-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Changed Pic
Old 02-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Hey Winny,

Many thanks, love your work! Cool poster!

MAC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 02-15-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

Love the idea of a fly-in .

As for this event it was great BRAVO ZULU To Mac and Edal for thier hardwork to make this happen. To all my opponents you guys are all incredable flyers. Both in Skill and in honor .
Wookie sorry we could not hook up for our matches but due to timezone issues conection problems and then myself having to leave for funeral for couple of days it just didnt happen. Our matchup was the only one I stood any chance of winning too all be it a slim chance though . Rest of this crowd just to deadly accurate in Sim.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
To Mac and Edal for thier hardwork to make this happen. To all my opponents you guys are all incredable flyers. Both in Skill and in honor.
I echo these sentiments! Great matches over the group stage and I hope for 3 more good matches!

Mac and Edal, I may have only flown against one of you so far (and a great match it was), I just want to thank two superb pilots for bringing life, and myself, back into the game! Bravo!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

The superbrawl sounds like fun, I'm in. Can we pick any plane for the fly-in, or is it mustangs only? And winny, I'm not KIA, I prefer the term MIA with a chance of slight death!