Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Really nice videos people
Great job.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Here's a video of the single player London sightseeing mission. The settings are low except the a/c model. This is a huge improvement, because a few days ago I wouldn't have been able to get 5 fps in this scenario, and now I can fly around relatively smoothly, thanks to the nossao and the lotex mod.

I clipped the wing flying under that last bridge at the end and sheared off the wingtip. The plane flew on, but I could feel the effect of the missing wingtip. The video ends with a parachute ride...

Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

This is my first vid just a test of FRAPS and Youtube HD uploading.btw FRAPS didn't have any performance effect on my machine .I like the damage model in COD looks great 0:36

Old 04-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

london sightseeing
maximum video options+nossa+lowtext (1920x1080):
Old 04-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

So beautiful videos
Old 04-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

On the end of video settings.
What are you using for video record? Fraps is decreasing FPS
Old 04-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilburnator View Post
Here's a video of the single player London sightseeing mission. The settings are low except the a/c model. This is a huge improvement, because a few days ago I wouldn't have been able to get 5 fps in this scenario, and now I can fly around relatively smoothly, thanks to the nossao and the lotex mod.

I clipped the wing flying under that last bridge at the end and sheared off the wingtip. The plane flew on, but I could feel the effect of the missing wingtip. The video ends with a parachute ride...

Impressed at how fast all those houses get built and knocked down on the ground......they're just popping in and out all over the place

Oh, well, maybe in 2-years we'll get rid of the most annoying feature in IL2.....sorry CloD.

Nice video though. Cheers, MP
Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Impressed at how fast all those houses get built and knocked down on the ground......they're just popping in and out all over the place

Oh, well, maybe in 2-years we'll get rid of the most annoying feature in IL2.....sorry CloD.

Nice video though. Cheers, MP
Not really that impressive when you learn how they do it, it's called LOD - leave of Detail, and it relates to the distance between the camera and any item. if very close, then the building is a full mesh, a certain longer distance away, then the mesh might be 1/2 detailed, even further away - long distance, the building might be only a 2 dimensional picture "sprite" " billboard". Well that's the trick most 3D game builders have been using for many years, not sure about COD?

BTW, anyone see if the defiant fights back or is it a AI clay pigeon? would be nice to see a Condor flying too!

He111.

Last edited by He111; 04-13-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Approved Member

to 313_paegas
my settings for a smooth video with FRAP are 50fps

cheers
Old 04-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by He111 View Post
Not really that impressive when you learn how they do it, it's called LOD - leave of Detail, and it relates to the distance between the camera and any item. if very close, then the building is a full mesh, a certain longer distance away, then the mesh might be 1/2 detailed, even further away - long distance, the building might be only a 2 dimensional picture "sprite" " billboard". Well that's the trick most 3D game builders have been using for many years, not sure about COD?
There's an example on my blog: http://fooblog.mexxoft.com/amtsgerichtsgebaude/
Closed Thread