Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

View Poll Results: Do you like to see Freetrack interface integrated in IL-2:CoD?
Yes, I like to have Freetrack interface integrated in IL-2:CoD. 133 81.60%
No, I don't like to have Freetrack interface integrated in IL-2:CoD. 30 18.40%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

@ albx...
so, who are you??
Old 03-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeTrack you can see some comparisons, ps3 eyecam have a max field of view of 75° instead TIR5 is 51.7° if the data there is not wrong. I paid for a new ps3 eyecam about 25 euros, and i can use like a webcam also not only for freetrack

CharveL, what people complain here is that TIR is overpriced, so for who can't or don't want afford it there is freetrack, cheap because today almost everybody have a webcam. I want be clear that i don't say one is better than another, just that one is "cheaper" than another.
Interesting. Coupled with the cheap price it does sound like a decent alternative for those who don't want to pony up for the more expensive unit.

I totally agree that, barring any of the legal stuff, FT is a good alternative.

I'll reserve any judgements on performance comparisons until I can see for myself but I only bring up the technical aspects out of an interest in finding out or explaining what I do know about TIR, not to tell people what they should or should not use.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
WICH PART OF NP'S SOFTWARE DOES FT USE?
This part according to Wolf_Troll. This little source code from linux-track, another evil hacking project stealing from Naturalpoint.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

the LT looks hard

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 03-18-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigur_ros View Post
This part according to Wolf_Troll. This little source code from linux-track, another evil hacking project stealing from Naturalpoint.
what he probably don't and will never understand is how it works. The software (the game) call some functions of a .dll, this .dll give back at the game the values X-Y-Z-yaw-pitch-roll. what freetrack do, when a software that don't use FT protocol, is to use a .dll with the same name of TIR's .dll, but are 2 completely different .dll. The game think is talking with NP's .dll and get the values back, but is freetrack, and no NP's .dll or software is involved in it. The complain that could only had NP was the string
Code:
sigdata = {
        "precise head tracking\n put your head into the game\n now go look around\n\n "
                "Copyright EyeControl Technologies",

"hardware camera\n software processing data\n track user movement\n\n "
                "Copyright EyeControl Technologies"
};
that was removed, so can you again explain your statement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider View Post
@ LoBi
with equal performance? yes, Lobi, that's because FT uses part of NP software
thanks
Old 03-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharveL View Post
Interesting. Coupled with the cheap price it does sound like a decent alternative for those who don't want to pony up for the more expensive unit.

I totally agree that, barring any of the legal stuff, FT is a good alternative.

I'll reserve any judgements on performance comparisons until I can see for myself but I only bring up the technical aspects out of an interest in finding out or explaining what I do know about TIR, not to tell people what they should or should not use.
And this is one of the "VOTE NO" guys... Glad to see! One vote less for "NO"?

Funny stuff!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharveL View Post
I set the multiplier down to x2 and reduced the smoothing algorithms and it didn't make a fat lot difference to the slight (and it is very slight) lag. Having immediately changed from one system to another I am left unsure as to what, if any, impact the slight lag would make in actual use as I seemed fairly comfortable with both set-ups in full switch (others would probably say otherwise, I can only speak for myself). I'm sure if you were to try it you would be suprised at how well it 'can' perform even with a 30fps webcam - even if it didn't quite match your TIR performance. All will be revealed in a few weeks!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

what he probably don't and will never understand is how it works. The software (the game) call some functions of a .dll, this .dll give back at the game the values X-Y-Z-yaw-pitch-roll. what freetrack do, when a software that don't use FT protocol, is to use a .dll with the same name of TIR's .dll, but are 2 completely different .dll. The game think is talking with NP's .dll and get the values back, but is freetrack, and no NP's .dll or software is involved in it.

so can you again explain your statement?

thanks
thanks for all that albx... you just wrote your own response
Old 03-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
with equal performance? yes, Lobi, that's because FT uses part of NP software

that's the most obvious trolling so far.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
thanks for all that albx... you just wrote your own response
buahhhhhhhhhhhhhh TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you are only a TROLL

said this, you'll not get any other answer from me, think wathever you want, you think FT is an hack? I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK

goodbye