Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

Klem, I've gotta agree with you on using the Tracker. You can hide the sun glare behind the canopy bracing by moving your head, or look away from it.

The Tracker is one of the best and most important tools ever made for computer flying. After using it for several years in it's various build stages, I don't see how anyone can fly on their computer without it. It make pc flight all the more real.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Question for you CoD gurus... So I have CoD on two computers, don't ask , I downloaded the patch and it installed just fine on comp 1 (about a week ago). I'm now installing on comp 2 and the zip file only contains .ogg files (I remember that on comp 1 the zip contained a number of sub folders.) is it possible that tge download has changed? Or have I missed somthing painfully obvious?
Thanks dudes
Old 09-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeythelung View Post
Question for you CoD gurus... So I have CoD on two computers, don't ask , I downloaded the patch and it installed just fine on comp 1 (about a week ago). I'm now installing on comp 2 and the zip file only contains .ogg files (I remember that on comp 1 the zip contained a number of sub folders.) is it possible that tge download has changed? Or have I missed somthing painfully obvious?
Thanks dudes
Full file contains /Paint Schemes/ folder, /parts/ folder, 09062011 Beta Readme.txt and Launcher.exe.config

The .ogg files are sound files, usually in the /Actor../ folders under /parts/speech.de/ and /parts/speech/gb/ folders

Sounds (no pun) like you only have the /parts/speech/... folder(s) there.

1. Did you download a Part download (I haven't checked if there is one).
or
2. Can you copy the original file across your Home network?
or
3. Can you burn it to a DVD?

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 09-18-2011, 10:21 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

I also notice that the on-ground stutterings are back ...

were absent before beta-patch

system:
vista 64
nvidia GTX 275
quadcore i7
6 GB RAM
Old 09-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Full file contains /Paint Schemes/ folder, /parts/ folder, 09062011 Beta Readme.txt and Launcher.exe.config

The .ogg files are sound files, usually in the /Actor../ folders under /parts/speech.de/ and /parts/speech/gb/ folders

Sounds (no pun) like you only have the /parts/speech/... folder(s) there.

1. Did you download a Part download (I haven't checked if there is one).
or
2. Can you copy the original file across your Home network?
or
3. Can you burn it to a DVD?
1. No, at least not that I'm aware of (I used the US direct download link in the first post of this thread)
2. Not sure (I'm terrible with computers)
3. Not sure (see answer 2 )

I followed the same steps for both computers, so I'm thourghly confused. I wonder if the link could be bad? I tried the torrent as well (same result). Could it be the way I'm "unzipping" the files? (7-zip on comp 1, winzip on comp 2)?
Anyway, thanks for the reply
Old 09-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Well, certainly this is the link of you use Torrent
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JLF4FU6J

and this is the straightforward one for normal downloading
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MA26GNU1

both from the original post. The file is about 500Mb.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 09-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Approved Member

Holly Cow, i just tried the beta patch and all i can say is its about time. The sounds are perfect and clean and the landscape is perfect. I had a wingman do a vectory roll over the airfield after i landed, we had just took out about 20 stuka, the time was 19.00 hours and clear the lightning on the terrain looked real, the sounds where awsome i swear i smelled 100 octain and oil. Was that vectory roll programed in the game? anyway i have not played on line yet but i sure cannot stay away from the single player. Thanks
Old 09-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Default corrupted beta download?

Running Win7
I have downloaded BOTH the English torrent and the standard megaupload beta patch. Both downloaded 512mb files. Upon extraction to my steam CoD folder I get this with BOTH files:

! C:\~\IL2COD_15527.rar: CRC failed in parts\bob\bob_update04.SFS. The file is corrupt

The file continues to extract despite the error.

When I extracted the standard download, the game would load but I couldn't click anything.
When I extracted the torrent download, the game no longer starts.

Last edited by Lazarus; 09-24-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Running Win7
I have downloaded BOTH the English torrent and the standard megaupload beta patch. Both downloaded 512mb files. Upon extraction to my steam CoD folder I get this with BOTH files:

! C:\~\IL2COD_15527.rar: CRC failed in parts\bob\bob_update04.SFS. The file is corrupt

The file continues to extract despite the error.

When I extracted the standard download, the game would load but I couldn't click anything.
When I extracted the torrent download, the game no longer starts.
what you used to extract the files? I have winrar 4.01 and everything is ok.
Asus Xonar DX
Asrock 870 extreme3
Windows7 x64 Ultimate
Saitek X52pro (stick modded) - Saitek rudder pedals - SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset
Freetrack ps3eye
Samsung 23" SyncMaster XL2370
Old 10-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

I hope I have the right place to ask this question & get a reply:
I have been out of the country & away from my computer for a better part of a month ,and so have missed all of the discussion about this beta & its install. I'm sure there is a way to correctly install-which folder do I put contents of patch into? Thanks!

Last edited by jamesdietz; 10-03-2011 at 04:09 PM.