Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

I didn't see any 'simple questions'. All I saw was you on a soap box, and if not actually lieing about Josse's mod. at the very least distorting and using things out of context.

"Breda where dramaticaly too weak...... they were surely much less powerfull like .50, but..... not so that it was in game.... they are actually circa 40% weaker with my mod, seem to me not exagerated and corresponding to real datas.(power at muzzle was circa 10000 joules IRL and much less in game.... 0.50 had 0.97g of chemical charge, and HE breda 0.88g..."

Does THAT look famaliar, or when you got to that point, did you do the optical equivilent of sticking your fingers in your ears, and chanting "La, la, la, la", so you couldn't hear/see it?

We need to find a way for both sides to peacefully co-exist. Standing on a soapbox spouting lies and half truths isn't going to help that come about. If you aren't going to be a part of the solution, then at least don't hinder those that are trying to find that solution.

"Mods" didn't kill CFS1, and they won't kill IL2. Most games on the Zone back then clearly stated what was allowed in them. There were plenty of 'Stock only', 'MOD only', 'Stock or Abacus only', 'landing only-no shooting' games. It worked there, and it worked quite well. Sure, there was the occasional idiot that would come into a 'stock room' with a mod, or into an Ark Royal room and start shooting, but we just booted them, and if they became too big a problem, made sure in the chat area that everyone was made aware of who was doing it, and the rest of the community shunned that person as well. Are you saying that the IL2 community can't do the same thing?

Like I said someplace else. We know from past history in CFS1 & 2, that those that are going to cheat to 'win at any cost' aren't going to use a mod with just a minor increase in performance. If they aren't good enough to win at stock, an extra 10% or so isn't going to help them. They always used something that was quite blatent and were easy to spot. The same thing will happen here.

A lot you you folks are spending a lot of time and energy having temper tantrums about the mods. You would better served to direct that energy into helping find a solution, as opposed to resisting something that is now here, and isn't going to go away.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBuzzard View Post
I didn't see any.....
Hon, sorry, yet I started disregarding your posts as well as a few others long ago...Quite frankly besides deliberately or not misreading my posts, yours have seemed nothing short of rants. So I don't waste my time.

K2
Old 01-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBuzzard View Post

We need to find a way for both sides to peacefully co-exist. Standing on a soapbox spouting lies and half truths isn't going to help that come about. If you aren't going to be a part of the solution, then at least don't hinder those that are trying to find that solution.
True... but are you part of the solution?
Seems to me you're more negating the problem than helping to find a solution.

Quote:
"Mods" didn't kill CFS1, and they won't kill IL2. Most games on the Zone back then clearly stated what was allowed in them. There were plenty of 'Stock only', 'MOD only', 'Stock or Abacus only', 'landing only-no shooting' games. It worked there, and it worked quite well. Sure, there was the occasional idiot that would come into a 'stock room' with a mod, or into an Ark Royal room and start shooting, but we just booted them, and if they became too big a problem, made sure in the chat area that everyone was made aware of who was doing it, and the rest of the community shunned that person as well. Are you saying that the IL2 community can't do the same thing?
Please.... I did play CFS1 and CFS2 on the zone also... and it's certainly not comparable to IL2, with only one game mode (furrball), game limited to 16 players max, even less for CFS1, nothing comparable to IL2 online wars, etc...
At that time I was playing "no mod"... and had sometimes hard time to find a free slot in a stock-game server. Since there was much less onliners on the zone than there is today on HL, and that there was the distinctions you gave, it was'nt so easy to good server to play.
Very quickly we went to the only practicable solution that was to play squad vs squad at scheduled hours on dedicated server... that way we could play the game we want, and stay away from cheaters... but that was the ONLY Way.
Hopefully, it's since 6 years totally different on HL, you can fly coop (something unknown with CFS1 and CFS2), which are much more interesting than furrball servers, with the online wars, you can play many games an evening, and if temporarilly there's no interesting coop to fly, you can jump in a objective dogfight server like "Spit vs 109", or another... without (until recently) any fear to find a supersonic spit firing 10 75mm guns.
What you suggest... is to return to CFS1 and CFS2 time.... this is precisely what the onliners that know both world DON'T WANT.
I have quite a good remembering of that time, and a good remembering of how please I was when IL2 and HL came and brought a revolution to the online style of play.

Maybe mods didn't kill CFS1 or CFS2 (even if myself and many other tried mods and came back to stock because they didn't want to sort the huge mess of the "no quality control" mod world).... but IL2 surelly did kill both...(with or without mods).
And sorry... no... I'm happy to live in a modern world... no way I want to regress and come back to prehistoric way of gaming.

Quote:
Like I said someplace else. We know from past history in CFS1 & 2, that those that are going to cheat to 'win at any cost' aren't going to use a mod with just a minor increase in performance. If they aren't good enough to win at stock, an extra 10% or so isn't going to help them. They always used something that was quite blatent and were easy to spot.
Wrong... I still remember the squad forums flame wars about cheats that were difficult to spot (like slight unsynchronisations, etc...) Some squad just stopped to play against each other and even to talk with others after these flame wars.
Seems you remember from this time only some kind of "happy flower time", and forgot all the problems that arose there and there.
Of course there were idiots entering a game with a starship destroyer replacing a spit... and of course that was easy to spot... but that was hardly the only way to cheat.
Do you remember the flame wars and insult contests about "fuel dumping" for example?.... seems not...

Quote:
A lot you you folks are spending a lot of time and energy having temper tantrums about the mods. You would better served to direct that energy into helping find a solution, as opposed to resisting something that is now here, and isn't going to go away.
Agree with this 100% It isn't going to go away, and some solution should be found for online problem (at least... since you talk about "solution", you agree there is a problem... that's a good step for mutual understanding...)

Now... do you have a proposal for a solution ?? (other than negating the problem or suggesting to go back to online infancy)
Old 01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

To save myself much precious time (I wasted a lot of time going through page after page a couple weeks ago in this thread) has there been ANY videos posted that show undeniable proof of cheating using the hack?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw111 View Post
To save myself much precious time (I wasted a lot of time going through page after page a couple weeks ago in this thread) has there been ANY videos posted that show undeniable proof of cheating using the hack?
Yes...plus posts stating clearly via many non-intended to cheat mods that imbalance play due to giving those using them an unfair advantage. Yet it doesn't take a genius to see that they would.

K2
Old 01-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfish View Post
Yes...plus posts stating clearly via many non-intended to cheat mods that imbalance play due to giving those using them an unfair advantage. Yet it doesn't take a genius to see that they would.

K2
Thank you. Now I will have to find them.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Approved Member

Rama, you seem to suggest that if one doesn't pose a solution to the problem they shouldn't post, well, where is your solution?
Old 01-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Well, I have watched three tracks. I must say that I am not pleased with those that feel they have to have a blatant unfair advantage over others. Bearcat mentioned earlier in this thread that most of us are over 30 and there SHOULD be a certain maturity level in this sim and its' online play. I surely hope that none of our "mature" members are doing this. I can see the younger folks doing it but not the older ones. Please don't tell me that some of our older members are doing this. It breaks my heart to see that planes and tanks can be taken out from MILES away with machine guns, and seeing that whole formation of bombers being obliterated in an instant turns my stomach that some people feel great about playing this way. As for myself (and I tell my sons this all the time) I can NEVER feel good about winning if I haven't played on a LEVEL playing field. Do NOT cheat. You are only cheating yourself. You want to do well in this sim, or in life, then it will take a lot of work. Ok, boys, you can go play now.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
Rama, you seem to suggest that if one doesn't pose a solution to the problem they shouldn't post, well, where is your solution?
No I didn't - but after OldBuzzard words "If you aren't going to be a part of the solution, then at least don't hinder those that are trying to find that solution", I understood he was among the ones who try to find one... so I asked if he had something to propose.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfish View Post
Hon, sorry, yet I started disregarding your posts as well as a few others long ago...Quite frankly besides deliberately or not misreading my posts, yours have seemed nothing short of rants. So I don't waste my time.

K2
That's OK Babe. Just keep your fingers in your ears, and keep chanting "La, la, la".
Closed Thread