Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
In my WinXP PC the latest patch seems to perform similarly. Frame rates are probably lower, but more steady. Or: earlier the game was sometimes very smooth and then you got stutters. Now above buildings I get steady lower FPS.

Above Le Havre harbour area my FPS is 5-10. Once I move above the city area where no water is shown, FPS is 40-50. This while using external view.

Tried joining an online server: started the engine and then the whole computer froze so I had to reboot.
Same like you on my XP system. I got dual core 3.ghz, GTX 280, 4 Gb ramm. Game still unplayable expecially over land and buldings. In La Havre i got 6-7 fps, over Dover i got 17 fps.

Also there is new graphic bug in the water - something like straight lines - docs or sometings.

V-sync dont work even with forced in nvidia settings,

FF work worse then in Il2.

Still there is no smooth zoom in and zoom out

Last edited by Kwiatek; 04-23-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

no working AA (2xAA max) with new true fullscreen. Tried all combinations of nvidia driver settings, latest driver.
Eheim 1250
Toyota Radiator
XP Home 32bit & Win7 64bit
Crucial SSD C300 64GB
TrackIR 3 Pro
Hotas Cougar + 18cm Extension
+Hall Sensors
Old 04-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingHubert View Post
no working AA (2xAA max) with new true fullscreen. Tried all combinations of nvidia driver settings, latest driver.
same here
Old 04-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_Rider View Post
Are you running VISTA/ Windows 7?

If so you more than likely have the Steam installed to your C:\\ drive? (default install path)

If that is the case, you may have to give your Steam root folder (Users) Full Permissions

unzip path should be to "your drive install" (C:for default or if you custom installed - E: F: etc)\ "Instal folder name" (if you custom installed to a folder outside of the program files) or Program Files (x86) if you didn't and installed on a seperate partition or drive\ Steam\ Steam Apps\ Common\ il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

so click on BROWSE, then navigate to where your " il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover " folder is and click OK (It has be in the Steam Folder and NOT the 1C softclub folder)

if you just unzip to the path listed in the unzip window, it will unzip to the same folder the winzip is located in.
I appreciate you effort to help me out, but apparently my problem starting the game is not the same one you had. I have windows 7, what you are instructing me to do I have done... over and over, it got your game going, it does nothing for mine. I've been playing IL2 since 2001, I've installed a lot of patches. I've tried all the patches for CloD, beta and official. I know how to direct the zip to the correct place.This one will not let my game start, despite my having done everything you describe from the first attempt, before you responded to my first post.

I seem to be having a completely different issue...
Old 04-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Full screen does not appear to work. If I try and run CoD on anything other than 2560 x 1440 which is the native resolution of my 27" monitor the problems occur:

If I drop the resolution to 1920 x 1080 in the settings the menu's all look fine and are fullscreen. When I enter the battle, the desktop appears with the 1920x1080 box in the top left corner so I see the desktop outside of this area.

It is playable of course at 2560x1440 at around 30fps on average, however would have liked to increase this a bit at 1920x1080. It does all work if I change my monitor resolution to 1920x1080 however running at low resolution makes windows look poor.

Any chance of a fix before this is released?
Old 04-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Default BF109 issue / Bug

Bug for the Dev team.

In the BF109's i notice if you shoot with incindary bullets. If you are in the cockpit view you can see the smoke. As soon as you go to external view there is no smoke trails.

Go back to cockpit view and there is the smoke trails from bullets.

Seems that in some views the Graphics are working and in external views they are not.

I also think that the Antilliasing etc is working in the cockpits but not external.

my specs
win 7 64 bit ultimate
gtx285
i7 2600k
16gig ram
ssd 128gig

40+ fps over water
25+fps on land + stutters
Old 04-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

In my experience MP is much more stable, a little slower though.

Vsync while not perfect is an improvement, I noticed less screen tearing (forced in Nvidia, and in game)

The Aircraft are much more realistic when you shoot them, it takes many less shots to take engines off etc.

frame rates took a minor hit 5 fps on my system (I7 950, 285gtx, 12 gig x1600, Win7 x64)
Old 04-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

By the time the US gets the release the game will be well sorted.
I just finished playing 5hrs of multiplayer with about 40 players and the game has made huge leaps in performance over the last couple patches.
The last Beta Patch is amazing.
Flying with enemy and friendly AI bombers formations is amazing!
I can now run everything on high with grass, shadows and roads and 8xAA @ 1920x1080 and it looks amazing and is really smooth now. Still occasional stutter but miles better than it was and I don't get launcher crashes anymore.

Avg 45 FPS over land and 60 FPS over water (vsync on)

i7 950 @ 4.6Ghz
6GB Ram @ 2000Mhz
4 x 5870 @ 1000/1300
2 x 128GB SSD Raid 0
Win 7 Ult 64bit
1920x1080 Resolution
Old 04-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertram W. Wooster View Post
If I ESC out of the 3D portion of the game to adjust settings, remap controls, etc, and then click on the Fly button to go back to the mission in-progress, the game sometimes (~25% of the time) fails to switch back to 3D mode properly. I can hear the in-game sounds but I see the Windows desktop. Alt-Tabbing to the Launcher.exe application doesn't resolve the problem and I am forced to terminate the game process using taskmgr.

Possibly related: the game seems to drop out of fullscreen mode and to the desktop briefly when changing modes e.g. from the menu screens to the 3D portion of the game and vice versa.

E6500 @3.85GHz
4GB DDR2
ATI HD4850
Win7 Home Premium 64-bit
yep, I 've had exactly same thing once since this patch, when I pressed Esc to leave a mission it froze in the brief desktop visit screen and as you say COD wasn't shown as running there, Taskmanager was the only way to get back control of my PC
Old 04-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Cool S orry but...

Sorry but this patch does not work for me, it send me back to nowhere!
I cna get into the game only if I do "ctrl+alt+del" and ask the windows task manager to continue. And I must do this every time I do back or escape in any screen of the game.
Luckily steam do repair by removing the new patch files and reverse the patching.
I stay cool and wait until Monday or Thusday.

I still play the game it works perfectly without the patch.

Have a nice game.