Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by immermann View Post
hey! Is it just me or is that hurri pilots head a bit small?
lol

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I recommend you take some trips out in the Pony and then come back telling us how many FW you de-winged before you start telling us about firepower. Most FW get away with damage because they roll or dive before the burst can be sustained in the same place for long enough, that's the 'well aimed part. That's the reality of it. 4x20mm? You shouldn't even be commenting mate.
Eh ? I never claimed that I was a good shot, I'm saying that other pilots are/were - and I can be confident in the truth of my assertion because I was on the receiving end when they tore me apart in the generally-regarded-as-tough-FW.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Those trees in 4 just look too incredible ...
Old 09-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Indeed, maybe we could talk about the trees for a change...
just look at how dense they are, the diversity of the leaves is also great... and they seem to be fully 3D...
Close up they're also great to look at so I'd love to take a walk across some of those fields if possible any time soon...
Really good job on the trees if I may say so. 5*

Old 09-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

In an aircraft, seeing trees so near means often that a big problem is coming !

Frankly, I don't care if the trees in BoB look good just near them, I want them looking good and realistic from the air (as BoB is supposed to be an aviation sim, not a mushrooms hunting sim).
Old 09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Hecke

Chris i agree with you but the game should be balanced.

Quite perfect looking planes and quite bad trees is not good.
And as SoW is supposed to feature also ground objects controllable by player, the trees have to look good from below, too.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDNT View Post
In an aircraft, seeing trees so near means often that a big problem is coming !

Frankly, I don't care if the trees in BoB look good just near them, I want them looking good and realistic from the air (as BoB is supposed to be an aviation sim, not a mushrooms hunting sim).
I agree on the mushroom hunting thing Chris... , but many times when I did a countryroad landing in IL2 the trees killed the immersion for me while taxiing around to park my machine. A flightsim is not only happening 4 miles up but also the take-off/landingpart is important... well to me at least. Coming home seeing realistic trees near the field I prefer over coming home and seeing just 2 polygons with a texture at lowresolution applied to it (just to illustrate my point, I know... they were a little more advanced in IL2 ). Just my 2 cents though.

Last edited by McHilt; 09-07-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

No matter what , these new trees are a huge milestone forward comparing to IL-2/1946 trees
Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
What most people "complaining" about pilot size fail to relize is:

1# That Oleg and team have a accuratly moddeld Hurri ( down to an inch) where they place a pilot in the seat (wich is at the exact same spot as the real thing) whos 175 cm tall, and thats where thee pilot ends up, period.

2# As far as i know adjusteble seat isnt modelled (at least not visually) wich would explain why he is sitting so low even when on the ground.

There has been a number of pics posted showing hurris on takeoff and in flight and it clearly shows that a pilot taking off is sitting way higher than he is during flight....i wonder why, hmmmm.

Now, move along, nothing more to see here..before Oleg shuts this site down completly.
You forget that the seat was adjustable, and with a seat-parachute would make a huge difference to how tall the pilot looked. I have no reason to doubt that everything is to scale, but for a take-off, this pilot must be pretty stupid to sit this low. Even if he landed he's clearly a bit of an idiot
Old 09-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
You forget that the seat was adjustable, and with a seat-parachute would make a huge difference to how tall the pilot looked. I have no reason to doubt that everything is to scale, but for a take-off, this pilot must be pretty stupid to sit this low. Even if he landed he's clearly a bit of an idiot

True, but moddeling (visually) the pilot going up and down in his adjusteble seat just so it LOOKS right is a complet waste of time and resources imo.

But hey, maby they allredy did that and just forgot to raize the seat after landing, kind of hard to tell from a SCREENSHOT...