Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580 View Post
True but HOE gets first shot at my $50. Now if I dont buy HOE on release day then the chances of me getting BOP go way up.
But you'd be ripping yourself off because HOE will not fly off the shelves, and people will probably just look it over. But BoP is more authentic and has a more realistic feel than anything HOE would have in it.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Your forgetting just how nichy the WWII flight spectrum is. That is a very, very small spectrum.

Forgetting how?

Smaller niche audiences also tend to be more informed audiences.

Have you even played the demo that they released for BoP?

Do you even know what IL-2's legacy is (The game, not the plane)?

They are a week apart. They are two very different styles of games.

If they miss out on a few purchases made by uninformed people who have to buy whatever comes out first, then oh well. Reviews and word of mouth will sort things out in the end.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Oh well all I was hoping was this thread would bring attention to the publishers to bump the release of BOP a week because it is directly competing with HOE for my, and others games $50.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by versapak View Post
Forgetting how?
Smaller niche audiences also tend to be more informed audiences.
The audience for hardcore WWII Flight Sims on consoles is way, way too small to make a profit. If they want any kind decent sales they are going to have to reach a far bigger audience then that. People like me who have a interest in WWII Flight games, but who are not at all hardcore flight sims fans.

Last edited by dennis580; 08-02-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Oh well all I was hoping was this thread would bring attention to the publishers to bump the release of BOP a week because it is directly competing with HOE for my, and others games $50.
They already have a head start on the competition.

They have released a great demo, and word of mouth has been spreading all over about that.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Yes...I agree. These games are both WW2 flight games, so they are competing for the same money in my opinion. Moving the BoP release date up a week couldn't hurt. I'm a sucker for WW2 games so I'm sure I'll be getting both at some point.

"Heroes of the Pacific" was a pretty good game, although it's too arcadeish style hurt it's replay value, and with not much info about HoE, BoP will be the first priority. I'm sure BoP will be a MUCH better game...
Old 08-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

Releasing a demo for this game was a huge boost in the chances IL2 will be a huge success over HoE.

Also, I seem to remember news that production on HoE was cancelled for several months earlier this year. It was only recently announced that it was being planned for release just a few weeks ago. That may tell you something, like that game could potentially be incomplete when it ships. Personally, I expect HoE to be an incomplete, hastilly released and arcadey product being sold as a tag-on to the potential success of IL-2.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

I watched a few hoe videos and might must say the game falls flat and is unlikely to please neither graphics hoes, nor WWII flight games hoes. I can't believe how bad it looks in comparison to BOP. Just watch those hoe planes move defying all laws of gravity. Pathetic.

And as for all these debates on moving the release date up... makes no sense to me whatsoever.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

dennis has convinced me, I am getting HoE instead.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYAman View Post
dennis has convinced me, I am getting HoE instead.
Sacriledge