Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 07-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

The demons can be ressed by the resurrection spell. Still, that was a battle I didn't plan on winning without losses, although for a little while it looked that it can be done. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that karador used necro call on my fallen stack of priests (they were supposed to be a scapegoat and die) just before I had to get a turn and ress them with the inquisitors (I had no mana for ress lvl 1 spell at that time).

Besides, I already planned to go on and replace some of the armies in that line-up with fairies, and since I had to return to the elven lands through the book and stack up on more appropriate troops.

With any luck, and with the setup I proposed, Karador can be beaten without a loss, provided you're patient. I may not have lost 400+ priests if I replayed the battle, but since those priests were expendable, and I did not plan on beating the game without losses, I let them die.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

You can resurrect a fully dead stack? I'm not sully sure but I don't think so.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

I started with copying the dryads and making both dryads summon thorns, then your starting area is jammed up and the bone dragon can't attack you initially, and instead they kill the walls.

Also, all the undead units get jammed up and fire rain can kill quite a lot. It was very easy battle with my mage, I suspect it would be more difficult as a paladin though.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:04 AM
Approved Member

It was in impossible mode? The problem with this approach are the two stacks of Necromancers, they'll do heavy mass damages to your troops, that's why I was using Red Dragon they make the whole difference. Also the bones dragon are the weaker stack and not really a problem.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
After everything is cleared out, poison cloud over the bone dragons, magic spring on them and get resurrecting. I left the poison cloud at lvl 1 (doing 20-40 poison damage for 10 attacks) and the bone dragons were taking only 3-6 damage from the cloud and giving back a lot of mana. Sweet.
I tried multiple time to use a similar trick even if poison cloud wasn't at level 1. I got many problems because the cloud is moving to reach enemy.

I noticed few cases where the cloud didn't move but it's not fully clear when this happen.

It seems that if the cloud won't be able to reach opponent before exhausting then it won't move. Also in case of Karador fight if you end with the crystal the cloud won't move as it doesn't consider the crystal as an enemy.

It seems that some obstacle can block the cloud but it's not clear what obstacles.

When trying to see if the cloud could reach the enemy and then will move I think, not sure, that I have to count the number of attack of the could + 2 from the square I cast the cloud and including this square. That's also a reason to not improve the cloud because it will move on a longer distance.

I was wondering if you have quoted other characteristics that allow to identify when it's fine to use it or not.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:49 AM
Approved Member

Right.

Do not destroy the crystal at all until you're satisfied with all the resurrecting done. Leaving it alive allows for free ress turns. By using necro call or positioning your own troop above a dead body, you will prevent the crystal from summoning, so it will just skip the turn (provided karador has 0 mana already).

Necro call indeed helps a lot here - even lvl 1 of it. Summon every time you can to prevent the crystal from doing that and to give yourself some scapegoats to take the hits and get free ones in turn without retaliation. After everything's down and you have a bunch of summoned troops already, set the bone dragons on a hex for from your army and start with the poison cloud trick.

If I recall correctly, I ended up this battle at about turn 80 or 90 If would've been more if I had to ress all the priests, but... Whatever

BTW, this trick doesn't fit in every situation. The cloud must be really far away, or it will try to attack an enemy. Try the farthermost hex from the enemy itself and pray it works
Old 07-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Approved Member

My archers shot up the necro's till there was only a couple left. I thought the battle was going to be hard so I cleared out the whole elf area and undead before tackling him, so was fairly high level.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

Has any paladin beat korador with no losses on impossible/would be intresting to see how
Old 07-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

I gave you the tactic, iregev

The lineup I used is enough to beat him on impossible without losses, provided you ress (or use time back when their numbers dwindle too much) your scapegoat priests as soon as they die, so that Karador doesn't ress them as undead, in which case they will count as lost.

Also, in my eyes, priests are better than archers for that battle, because they do extra damage to undead, which dramatically improves their damage, which is very important on higher difficulties.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Yes you did DGDobrev and more but:
I want to finish impossible with no losses on all 3 classes but struggling with the paladin (this my 2nd rerun in paladin in that battle and no avail - either no artifacts no skills or just pure strategy)
Funny how the mage can finish this battle in 2 minutes with red dragons (tripple armagedon and Necro call is too easy)
I was wondering if you have a same game from your fight against him - would love to see what skills you took and what equipement you have

The thing is I don;t have a problem with any other fight in the game - this one is a tough pickle for me