Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Approved Member

so u skipped half the battles?
:>
Old 05-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

I haven't skipped a single battle. The XP table on impossible is different, you know? That's why I'm only lvl 21 now. I didn't fight the kraken, yes, I left it for later, since I'm planning to return for anga's ruby, but we'll see.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

Again thanks for keeping my thread alive with nice insight and input .

As for the Archmages, their shield on my horsemen have helped me alot and saved me many a reload as they simply dont die. Basically Ive used the frost arrow on whatever unit came closer to my casters during turn 1 and used the priest as a healer/blesser on the horsemen. When the casters had nothing to do they would always focus the 2nd closest one, the one without the frost arrow effect.

I dident have alot of time to play last night, but I managed to go see the underground witch to pick up some royal snakes, the alchemsist for some alchemists and Im now happily married with a frog. All in all a nice foundation for this weekend when I plan to have some long good sessions .

So my current setup is: Royal Snakes, Archers, Archmages, Alchemists and Priests. The few battles I did with this setup was just awsome. Ive noticed this in earlier games, but the computer does seem to favour attacking my alchemists and thats really good for me when Im aiming for 0 deaths.

Now I just have to decide on how to best build my spirits. in past games Ive always tried using all of them during battles just to build their experience. This has worked out nicely, but I lack an overall good spirit plan for this kind of gameplay.

Just keep throwing ideas and suggestions into this thread, they are greatly appreciated .
Old 05-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

Swap out priests for inquisitors. Their resurrection works like a heal, but can ress people as well. Also you can do without bless.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Yeah I will, Im still working on reaching the upgrade in the mind tree. Only a few levels away.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Or not..

When I came home and sat down to play the game it apparantly wouldent let me. If I try click "New game", "Load game" or "Options" then the game just throws me back to Windows. I just get a message telling me that kb.exe has stoped working.

Spent a few hours trying to fix it by trying some of advices on the tech support part of the forum, but nothing helped.

I guess thats its then for my adventure..
Old 05-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

Just reinstall it ... Saves usually aren't in the game folder, so reinstalling should work fine.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Approved Member

that is some bad luck rofl but should be fixed with reinstall

and why the F*** u use archers? they are expensive in leadership and their damage is quite low compared to it

your better of with a evil beholder/alchemist/cannonneer just to name a few almost every ranged unit is better than an archer
Old 05-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
that is some bad luck rofl but should be fixed with reinstall

and why the F*** u use archers? they are expensive in leadership and their damage is quite low compared to it

your better of with a evil beholder/alchemist/cannonneer just to name a few almost every ranged unit is better than an archer
I agree that Archer are a little over evaluated but it's hard to deny that they can get strong bonus that those you quote cannot have (you can add Catapult). That's the dragon arrow spells, the elf bow, the archer warrior talent and the archer leadership bonus you can learn both in warrior tree.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Telescopic sight, morale from marshal's baton, initiative from banner of heroism and probably there is even more stuff that works on archers that neither Vilk nor I have mentioned ...