Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 05-30-2009, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

alright 1st off tomalak considering you know so much you should know that through the entire mission you NEVER get air support
2ndly here is how i won the mission (alternatly i NEVER used DC and i did this on med difficulty)
step 1, get that 10-20 guys standing in the middle of the road into the trenches, have them stop off at supply crates 1st to get better weapons, then send the AT gun on the RIGHT hand side of the road to the right flank

step 2, deploy a AT gun from your reserves and put it on a gap in the left flank (back in the trees but still giving it a line of fire)

step 3 ,hold the 1st line you need to do this till 6 boats get by here is how you do this, deploy RIFLEMEN as much as you can or heavy infantry if you see a lack of PTARD's in a spot, and do as stated in another post with having about 3, SMG squads in the tree line to stop any german who bum-rush into your trench (i thought the japanise did that )
here is how much you SHOULD deploy to your front line durring this phase, 1-2 45MM AT guns, however many infantry you need, heavy i would deploy about 4 is all you should need. also deploy your AP miners from the renforcments and mine the left field CLOSE to your trenches if you do it too far the german tanks will just run them over and they will be wasted.

step 4 this should be done within step 3, ok this takes a small ammount of micromanaging but not too much, you may find german snipers and just crackshot riflemen starting to pick off your infantry, so do this whenever they are not advancing on your trench (or are farther taht say 5 tanks away) have your infantry go PRONE presto how a moarter or an 88 round will have to land RIGHT on the trench for them to die and that happens about 8% of the time

step 5, this is for a bit into step 3-4, ok while all that wonderful slaughter is going on up north, deploy the rest of your 45MM guns onto the 2nd line whenever there is a lapse or you do not need immediete renforcements.

step 6 retreat the guns, when you have 6 ships gone start to have any remaining GUNS (not the usless infantry) and trucks (full of ammo) retreat back to the 2nd line, also send PTARD's and machine gunners (cause they have a use).

step 7, by now hopully you have found those mines in the 2nd line and have had those combat engineers putting more in the right hand field, alternatly the germans should be flooding over the 1st line. but fear not comrade who has most likley lost over 100 infantry you are doing well! ok anyways start deploying the AT guns like no tomorrow to your 2nd line (good places to put them is in the village to the west and near that big @$$ costal gun, as well as in the bushed on the east side of the left flank, don't forget bout the right flank either it needs 2-3 opperational at all times)

step 7. alright you now controll the 2nd line no retreat anymore (oh wait the infantry from the 1st line did not retreat anyways) alright you should be able to get 2-3 shots off the costal gun at dem german tank groups (wait till they are stopped and shooting at you) before THOR1 & 2 shows up, now then SAVE (you should have at many points allready but) cause you need to shoot the one to the west with the costal gun like NOW and if it does nto blow it up your ****ed so reload the save and try again.

step 8. alright i am assuming you allready figured out how to hold the 2nd line on your own so i am not going to explain it in detail just deploy AT guns and infantry and DO NOT froget about teh right. but we have more pressing matters that other THOR is still alive and its blowing the $#17 out of you. you will soon get some tanks! now if your GOOD with them you can take out the other THOR with those + some from your reserves. if your not GOOD you need to use the costal gun again on it but dun worry it takes the THOR 3-5 mins to hit your gun so you only have 1 shot.

step 9 with your costal gun freed up from shooting THORS (or your tanks allready got it) the rest should be easy, if it gets to hard abbandon the right flank and use the navy boys to get you more riflemen

hope this helps now go figure out a way to do behind enemy lines
Old 05-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

I've tested the availability of air strikes in the Sevastopol mission, and can confirm that - in my english MoW v1.11.3 - they're only available under the normal or hard, but not the easy difficulty setting.

Last edited by Slowhand; 05-31-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

try slowing down the game. Press backspace.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

on first attempt of this mission i lost all trenches when the thrid ships was leaving harbor. i only had some units guarding the coastal battery and the bridge. i bought two anti air and some guns to guard the bridge. The aa fought off bombing planes an infantry. the guns shot down tank after tank. lost guncrews and guns all the time was sending in replacements all the time. the coastal battery last job before being destroyed was shooting the two thor batteries. the mission is only lost when you have no units surviving near the bridge.

first time on easy i had no air strikes. replaying the mission on normal i had air strikes. so its some kind of bug. its actually very hard to not win this mission. i tried this by only defending the bridge area. it works fine.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Any Questions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mow 1c.jpg (159.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 07-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

wow kane that is an amazing cheap but efficiant way to win
Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilloc93 View Post
wow kane that is an amazing cheap but efficiant way to win
Have you read the comments in this thread? I don't need any more stress in my life. When I play this game (which I love!!) I want to have fun, and to me having fun means plenty of firepower!! By the way, I've played this mission about 50 times.