Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

after reading an post earlier in this thread i got my self an example of spellforce2.

i love spellforce 2 realy realy good game. mix of rts and rpg with alot of strategy in it.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

Also try Etherlords 2. Its like a mix of KB and Magic the Gathering.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Just finished the game for the second time.

Hmmm...Etherlords looks interesting. Would you recommend the first one as well, or just skip to the second one straight away?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

I think no one has mentioned Age of Wonders II (there is an expansion called Shadow Magic also). That is a great game many KB fans will like imo. A great turn based fantasy strategy game very similar to the mythical Master of Magic.

A try to the Civ IV mod Fall from Heaven II is worth it, although is still unfinished. Very promising.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
Just finished the game for the second time.

Hmmm...Etherlords looks interesting. Would you recommend the first one as well, or just skip to the second one straight away?
I actually never played the first part. But i highly recommend the second.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acererak View Post
I think no one has mentioned Age of Wonders II (there is an expansion called Shadow Magic also). That is a great game many KB fans will like imo. A great turn based fantasy strategy game very similar to the mythical Master of Magic.

A try to the Civ IV mod Fall from Heaven II is worth it, although is still unfinished. Very promising.
Just to point at the Master of Magic game - I still play it nowdays from time to time (using DosBox) and as I was real addictive Civ 1 freak - also hard core fantasy fan -> Master of Magic is the ageless game (and I am happy I am not the only one who remembers this game)

Also Age of Wonders 1, 2 are great - but maybe you may look on old-school Turn based fantasy strategy Warlords 1,2,3 series (there is olso Warlords battlecry 1,2,3 series - whic is RTS / Fatnasy)

When someone mentioned RPG games - try Albion, and if you like it (or you already played it and liked it) download AMIGA emulator, and Ambermoon + Amberstar games

Actually it is only few weeks ago when I bought Etherlords II (as it is pretty cheap nowdays) and I like the man campaing, maps and the best of best is DUEL system (where you can create / edit your own heroes and try them with any pre-created or your other heroes in duel match) - GREAT!

Last edited by Gatts; 11-24-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

if you go with age of wonders shadow magic you will also want the fan patch 4. Just do a google search for it - that site also has some very very good scenario. Only catch is that the game is out of print and is very difficult to find (and can be very expensive - even used).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acererak View Post

Old 11-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatts View Post

Fallout 3 is like Oblivion - with all its minuses... so I am afraid that I won't be the only disappointed Fallout 1,2 fan.

The transition 2D-->3D ruined many a game already. I played Morrowind for a long time, i am still playing Oblivion, and i don't really need another Oblivion in my collection. And what is all this fuss about remaking 2D games into 3D games? 'Oomph' graphics won't help some crap-playability game to take-off no matter what. Maybe it's just the old dreadded 'cool gfx sells' executive-tactic spreading further. 'Sex sells', 'Violence sells' and hence, 'Cool gfx sells'. Forget about playability, unimportant

KB's 3D isometric look is showing us that a relatively simple game with old, old roots can still go a long way without SLI/QUAD graphical monster setups.

Last edited by YENKO; 11-24-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YENKO View Post
The transition 2D-->3D ruined many a game already. I played Morrowind for a long time, i am still playing Oblivion, and i don't really need another Oblivion in my collection. And what is all this fuss about remaking 2D games into 3D games? 'Oomph' graphics won't help some crap-playability game to take-off no matter what. Maybe it's just the old dreadded 'cool gfx sells' executive-tactic spreading further. 'Sex sells', 'Violence sells' and hence, 'Cool gfx sells'. Forget about playability, unimportant

KB's 3D isometric look is showing us that a relatively simple game with old, old roots can still go a long way without SLI/QUAD graphical monster setups.
How right you are in the point of 3D instead playability, and how much I agree with you... neverthless, nowdays players go for visuals (3D) and sound much more than any other time... why not, when they spent so much money in graphic cards... they are counting FPS, effects, resolutions much more than the game overall playability... these new gamers do not get me when I tell them "I played Fallout 2 for at least 100 times" - they now buy a game, finish it once and try again for 20 minutes to forget the game forever...

Luckily KB has one of the best video/music implemented, so even new generation players can enjoy great game as KB surely is - and realize that there is something as playability and it counts as well... (otherwise they would not bother to install such game in first place)

Morrowind for instance is from Bethesda as Oblivion, is from the same world/ series... but still Morrowind had nearly the same "magical aura"/ playability as Arena/ Daggerfall and I could play it again and again... (countless mods helped a lot) but Oblivion was try once and never again game (I even did not buy the datadisks - as they were plane free mods, which Bethesda shamelessly banned and made them commercial)

KB has great engine, Armored Princess will probably come with 3d-google effect, and if Armored Princess will have as great music as KB tL -> developers can be one of the happiest in game world - as they have the base platform for making buetiful and playable games and still sell them to new-generation gamers, who look only the screenshots and can be fooled by payed reviews / commercial reviews...

Best example: I had strong argue with 3 collegues who are hard-core NEW AGE gamers - thay said Fallout 3 has to be best of best, becouse (commercial bullshit + non logical arguments) so I backed off... now I ask them how do you like your Fallout 3? Thay say "it is good" - but
1.) "is good" is what I never said about Fallout 1,2 -> I always said "BEST of BEST! ADDICTIVE!"
2.) Do you feel to try the game again? (they ansered either, not, it would not make any sense, or "I even didn't finish it as I don't like it that much")

Now now... is this what Bethesda wanted? Probably yes - just sell it and that's it...

Katauri & 1C made great deal with KB -> brought after long time a game that can return old good addictive feelings about PC game back to real players who could start to doubt that visiting game shops is worth anymore (instead they download amiga emulators, dosbox and look for old game-loves)

Last edited by Gatts; 11-25-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatts View Post
How right you are in the point of 3D instead playability, and how much I agree with you... neverthless, nowdays players go for visuals (3D) and sound much more than any other time...............
..........................Katauri & 1C made great deal with KB -> brought after long time a game that can return old good addictive feelings about PC game back to real players who could start to doubt that visiting game shops is worth anymore (instead they download amiga emulators, dosbox and look for old game-loves)
/signed