Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the responses everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol1 View Post
LOL! Most CloD "haters/naysayers" are camping there, will lynch him.
Well, so far I've just got no responses from the people there. I wasn't really looking forward to posting there, though - I don't know how I feel about BoS, given that 1-C dropped support for it so that the devs could "force" people over to BoS. I figured that if I didn't say something along those lines, I wouldn't get lynched, haha. But maybe I still will, if they hate CoD that much.

Quote:
If believed that is "not great", better dont buy.
Use this "20$" to buy RoF scarf or planes, "Lions/Eagles" for War Thunder or save to buy Il-2 BoS - "The Redemption".
I don't really like RoF, WT is ok as a very basic (modelling-wise) "sim" (it's really a game, though) and as I said, I currently don't like the idea of BoS because CoD was abandoned. Plus, every combat sim I've played has had unrealistically awesome Russian aircraft and unrealistically mediocre German aircraft at the start, until people complain enough that it gets patched. If they follow this tradition, but also abandon BoS early, the Russians will always win (I think I'm only half serious about that...)

Quote:
BTW - In SimHQ are a workaround to use CloD (offline) without Steam.
Awesome! I'll look that up now. I'm usually able to play (often online too), but it would be nice to know that I could keep playing it after 30 days of no internet. Thanks
Old 04-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattressi View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone

Well, so far I've just got no responses from the people there. I wasn't really looking forward to posting there, though - I don't know how I feel about BoS, given that 1-C dropped support for it so that the devs could "force" people over to BoS. I figured that if I didn't say something along those lines, I wouldn't get lynched, haha. But maybe I still will, if they hate CoD that much.

I don't really like RoF, WT is ok as a very basic (modelling-wise) "sim" (it's really a game, though) and as I said, I currently don't like the idea of BoS because CoD was abandoned. Plus, every combat sim I've played has had unrealistically awesome Russian aircraft and unrealistically mediocre German aircraft at the start, until people complain enough that it gets patched. If they follow this tradition, but also abandon BoS early, the Russians will always win (I think I'm only half serious about that...)

Awesome! I'll look that up now. I'm usually able to play (often online too), but it would be nice to know that I could keep playing it after 30 days of no internet. Thanks
Well, I post over at the BoS forums occasionally and check em at least once a day, I don't see a lot of anger at CloD or it's fans, they are just very clear (the moderators) that the usual pissing and moaning won't be put up with.

Frankly, I would not let the 1C/777 situation taint your view of the product they make, who knows, maybe it will end up being really good and then you will have missed out on it.

Anyway, everyone has personal feelings about the whole thing that seem to run pretty deep, I personally think there are so few good flight sims that it never hurts to just say screw it and enjoy them all for what they are

Well, except War Thunder, I don't do F2P MMO's :p
Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

try buy it here.. http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_...deogames%2C175

hope's that works for you.

S!

Last edited by Rowddy; 04-06-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekmike View Post
Frankly, I would not let the 1C/777 situation taint your view of the product they make, who knows, maybe it will end up being really good and then you will have missed out on it.

Anyway, everyone has personal feelings about the whole thing that seem to run pretty deep, I personally think there are so few good flight sims that it never hurts to just say screw it and enjoy them all for what they are

Well, except War Thunder, I don't do F2P MMO's :p

If they can offer something similar I would be very interested.. double click needed to view

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-06-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

Nice video!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
If they can offer something similar I would be very interested.. double click needed to view

So a AI bombing? I am pretty sure that most sims (and even non-sims) can do that.

Perhaps I missed something specific? If so, please tell me what I am supposed to be seeing.

Please note, not trying to be snide or whatever, I am actually curious.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekmike View Post
So a AI bombing? I am pretty sure that most sims (and even non-sims) can do that.

Perhaps I missed something specific? If so, please tell me what I am supposed to be seeing.

Please note, not trying to be snide or whatever, I am actually curious.

Everyone is different Mike and see thing's that they like or dislike. There would be no point of me to explain what would be cool to me. but I am looking forward to the new game and will certainly give it a try

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-07-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

Cool to me in this video is the nicely built airfield with the planes, cars and buildings, the graphic and sound in general, the beautiful and "unexpected" bomb explosions and the physic and damage model (though one of the trucks is flying quite some distance ).
Old 04-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI View Post
Cool to me in this video is the nicely built airfield with the planes, cars and buildings, the graphic and sound in general, the beautiful and "unexpected" bomb explosions and the physic and damage model (though one of the trucks is flying quite some distance ).

Very kind of you, I send to you the mission...it will play differently on the final game though. If you want to take off make a left and follow the service road to the wind sock
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ligescourt -1 OrigGame.zip (12.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-07-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

Mission downloaded - surely be tested out in the next days! Thanks!