Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

I got tired of restarting, so i gave my new char some runes, money and leadership. So he has now all maxed skills and maxed spells. It seems to me that most of fighter/paladins skills have very limited usefulness, guess im too mage oriented He also has 4K peasants with him, as these are the only unlimited troops. This enabled me to check a little further in the demo.

The lvl 15 fight gives you 75K gold and 3500 XP should you win it. Now trying the lvl 30 fight- which is WAY too hard to figh with lvl 1 troops- all mobs on map did at least 2500 damage in 1 hit. There were 30 Dragons in 3 groups of which 1 was the elite stronger dragons (black dragon), about 5000 Dragonflies on 2 groups (these are the only easy to kills mobs in that fight), some 150 Knights, and 213 unicorns- so a leadership around 22 K.

Sadly in my game i have only the upgradable sword, which was a tough fight but turned the crappy sword into nice +2 Att +2 Int Flame sword.

It seems items can have multiple levels as well, even without upgrade. As last game i know i wanted badly a helm that had +3 INT and was too expensive for me. This game i got the same helm, but with only +1 INT. So luck with items has more effect then character building id say.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Approved Member

Well i do believe that there is some other sword out there which can be upgraded to a higher degree than the first one But that is the one i got at the moment as well with my warrior. Also i noticed that there are set items as well, i think it was the knights shield which tipped me off to that.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

cool, didn't know you could upgrade items.

just started a pally, he got lucky with the shrine behind the magic school which gave him 80xp which helped

we'll see how far i get with him, mage i got about lvl 5 +1/4th lvl.

as a side note; anyone know just how the ultimate pally skill works? i took it at lvl 2, got 10 might & Magic runes although i have no clue if i actually get the extra runes when picking up mind runes as there is no indicator of this.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Approved Member

Well there is one that turns mind runes into the other two types.. but that is all, never got enough runes for that.

Right now i am trying my hand at upgrading items.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
anyone know just how the ultimate pally skill works?
You receive 10 might runes and 10 magic runes for 10 mind runes at each level of skill.

1 level: +10 might runes, +10 magic runes cost: 10 mind runes
2 level: +10 might runes, +10 magic runes cost: 10 mind runes
3 level: +10 might runes, +10 magic runes cost: 10 mind runes
that's all.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

i know that the immediate effect of taking the skill is that you invest 10 mind and intantly get 10 might and 10 magic runes

the skill description states however that you also get extra might & magic runes when receiving mind runes but i picked up 1 mind rune so the floating text appears "+1 mind runes" but i don't think i received extra runes from the pickup as the skill states.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

Default Wife and baby

I've seen a lot of you talking about a zombie wife and a baby. Is this in the demo?? I haven't found anything like that.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Once you have completed the quest involving the cursed ring, you have a chance of getting a wife who is a zombie,but with a magic word she can be turned human and that way you can have a baby with her
Old 09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Dane View Post
Once you have completed the quest involving the cursed ring, you have a chance of getting a wife who is a zombie,but with a magic word she can be turned human and that way you can have a baby with her
Must have been drunk or something when I played the game because I can't even remember a quest involving a cursed ring...

Where do you find that quest??
Old 09-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

You get if from the Town Eldar after completing the quest with the talking thorn.