Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems9 View Post
+1

It's like: we make a step to be less arcada (IL-2 1946) and more simer (Clod), then we get another step backwards to be more arcada (BoS).

I just love to see how people like to be blind folded with the future game.
RoF is such a limited game compared with our current CloD.

And yet, Clod is dead............. so now what? Gonna play BoB for ever? HAve fun with that.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Manu View Post
For my taste I really prefer the ROF community to this one: those players are focused on the application's real target: being a WW1 combat simulator.

I'm always been against clickable cockpits: it's good for FSX, is not for a combat sim... Even if it's a toggleable feature, as you can still manage the plane by keys, it's a loss of time and resources on something that's it's not really important.

Like the 3d modelling of cows, sheeps and chessboards.

Now 777 is taking the big part in this new project: it's like a dream to me.
Because you might no flied in bombers.
I really disappointed about that future
Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems9 View Post
+1

It's like: we make a step to be less arcada (IL-2 1946) and more simer (Clod), then we get another step backwards to be more arcada (BoS).

I just love to see how people like to be blind folded with the future game.
RoF is such a limited game compared with our current CloD.
IMO there will be a knowledge merging: 777 develpers will use the experience of 1c developers to improve their engine (at least the graphic libraries => DX10/11).

CloD's ideas weren't bad, but it was incomplete and badly developed: those ideas and some solutions can be reproduced in the 777's engine.

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.

Last edited by 6S.Manu; 12-12-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpzorg View Post
Because you might no flied in bombers.
I really disappointed about that future
!!!

Why not? Am I missing something?

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Il2 has ALWAYS been a SURVEY SIM guys... Loss of click-able cockpit is not that important if all other aspects of combat is simulated well (CEM, FM, DM, collision, ballistics)....

If you want a uncompromising study sim, go fly DCS P-51D and pay for your $40 worth...
Old 12-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

I guess having clickable cockpits is a nice addition, but for me I would not really use it , as I prefer to map the main functions to my HOTAS. I personally do not want to be looking down and clicking away with my mouse whilst flying and in combat.

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

As long as we don't have some kind of touch based screen type standardized, click-able cockpits in a combat sim is something of a fun "extra". It's fun to poke around with but impractical as *curseword*. Maybe some of you (self-masochists?) take enjoyment in trying to control stuff like radiators and control-surfaces with the mouse, mid-combat. I, personally prefer to just slew those things to the HOTAS/joystick. In conclusion, it's a fun feature but far from game-breaking. There are more important stuff that makes up a good combat sim, co-ops for example....hrrrm.

P.S It's things like click-able cockpits that was partly to blame for the failure of CloD, the team was too ambitious -yes they were- and tried to do EVERYTHING but that led to many half-finished or half-hearted features. I hope too see more of a focused approach on the new IL-2 title(s).

Last edited by addman; 12-12-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Manu View Post
IMO there will be a knowledge merging: 777 develpers will use the experience of 1c developers to improve their engine (at least the graphic libraries => DX10/11).

CloD's ideas weren't bad, but it was incomplete and badly developed: those ideas and some solutions can be reproduced in the 777's engine.
Just to remind you, BoS - > RoF-engine -> DX9 only!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Clickable pits is a huge feature.

Saying it isnt for combat sims is ignorant. It worked well for DCS. Very well. Doing a real start up, adjusting finer things in the cockpit. Internal/external light switches, radio freq's, gear lever, clock, etc. etc. are what make the difference between a combat flight sim, and combat flight game.

Another ignorant statement is people saying they would rather have the controls mapped to a HOTAS. Did you know, you can still do that AND have clickable cockpits? Duh....

Like someone said, they dont want to go with DX11, sticking with DX9. Dont want clickable cockpits. Basically, I have a feeling its going to be a dumbed down version.

Have you seen the RoF engine? Looks good, but its barren. Ground objects are very low, no infantry, no airfield activity, and small air activity. Might work with WWI, but will be hollow for WWII.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokitexas View Post
Clickable pits is a huge feature.

Another ignorant statement is people saying they would rather have the controls mapped to a HOTAS. Did you know, you can still do that AND have clickable cockpits? Duh....
And why would that be an ignorant statement? is it not a matter of personal preference, if I would prefer to have control through my HOTAS rather than clicking around in the cockpit with a mouse?
As I said, it is a nice feature, but for me I prefer to use my HOTAS for the most part. Only time I would use the cockpit would be for say starting the engines.

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit