Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 12-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Note that I have not read the whole thread.. So if my following question has allready been answered forgive me..

Long story short I have no issues with the CoD colors..

The only thing I am interested in is improving the outline of the planes at distance.. aka Jaggies

Planes look fine up close, but does not take much distance for the next LOD to look very 1992 jaggish

With that said, does any of these settings improve that aspect?

Thanks in advance!
A itsy bitsy bit **** ** *****.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Note that I have not read the whole thread.. So if my following question has allready been answered forgive me..

Long story short I have no issues with the CoD colors..

The only thing I am interested in is improving the outline of the planes at distance.. aka Jaggies

Planes look fine up close, but does not take much distance for the next LOD to look very 1992 jaggish

With that said, does any of these settings improve that aspect?

Thanks in advance!
Most definitely.

That was the whole reason I chose to install sweetFX in the first place.
With the new GUI it's even easier to make adjustments than doing so through note pad.

My settings are attached, your setup may differ.

Here is a video of it in action. I might make another showing the LOD of distant aircraft when I get some more time.
The video doesn't quite have the same sharpness of the original footage due to rendering, but it's close.

and Rise of Flight.

Attached Files
File Type: txt SweetFX_settings(CloD).txt (10.9 KB, 220 views)
Old 12-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy Druid View Post
Most definitely.
Cool thanks Hippy

PS Ill have what furbs is drinking.. Seems to have taken him down a knotch or two!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Cool thanks Hippy

PS Ill have what furbs is drinking.. Seems to have taken him down a knotch or two!
At close range it helps, at further out less so.

Oh...red wine.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

Anyone using the Win8 fix and SweetFX?
My game crashes to desktop right after the first crosshair logo.
I've tried disabling Steam overlay, MSI FPS OSD as well as all the effects in the FX Settings tab to no avail.

Last edited by 312_Jura; 12-10-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

I've tried several non-gui injectors and they all work without any problems..
Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

Can someone tell me if this is safe online? I have been searching google and all I am coming up with is endless warnings that using Sweetfx will get you banned from Steam. I've even seen forums where the developer of Sweetfx interjects and says he doesn't think it will...... "Think" isn't good enough, as I'm sure you can appreciate.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
Can someone tell me if this is safe online? I have been searching google and all I am coming up with is endless warnings that using Sweetfx will get you banned from Steam. I've even seen forums where the developer of Sweetfx interjects and says he doesn't think it will...... "Think" isn't good enough, as I'm sure you can appreciate.
I have been using Sweetfx for several weeks now, mostly online. Steam doesn't appear to 'see' it or doesn't care. It is a small handful of files that are copied into the main games folder and can be removed at any time. There is no 'set up' required in CoD itself, it is just an add-on that sits alongside CoD.

It makes a dramatiic difference to the colours, mostly deepening them while adding some AA, but if its early or late in the day with low light just toggle it off with the Scroll Lock button to get back to CoD default colours.

It won't do your CoD installation any harm so its worth a try. Keep the original file archive so that if you decide you don't want it you can look in the archive, find the file names and delete them from your CoD main folder.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 12-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
works fine for me, online as well as offline. have been flying on ATAG for hours with it!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Approved Member

I'm having the same problem as 312 Jura, crashing to desktop after the first crosshairs appear. I'm using Windows 7, everything installed fine and I've assigned it to the Launcher exe. I'm really keen to try this as the results look great. Any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited by Screamadelica; 12-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.