Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

It's not so much that 'x' is missing or porked that I complain about. In fact I've never asked for a tweaked plane etc. since it is all the same for everyone.

The Maps is what I want to use and build stuff with On-line.

A beta server patch would be great at least we could make sure it works prior to closing the door on Maddox sanctioned IL2 Development.

It's BS plain and simple and yet another example of how the business is broken. Captive audience willing to wait forever with little or no information concerning the product other than "too busy"

Heck it's like dropping your car off at the garage for them to keep it for 5 months while they work on everything around it telling you all the while. "Sorry, too busy to get to it"..

All these third parties put a hell of allot of work into what they made Map wise. It's a damn shame Oleg can't show enough consideration to pack the items up and fork them over finished. Shame, Shame, they pick up your slack Oleg and all you do is poo on them.. But would you expect less from that side of the curtain.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
A beta server patch would be great at least we could make sure it works prior to closing the door on Maddox sanctioned IL2 Development.
It's BS plain and simple and yet another example of how the business is broken. Captive audience willing to wait forever with little or no information concerning the product other than "too busy"
The way I see it : Il2 development was to be stopped a long time ago, we are lucky to have a 4.09 client beta, and if they ever release the final patch, it's really a bonus. Moreover, I know lots of squads which have done, or are doing, campaings on the new maps (they were released 6 months ago), and they don't mind if it is beta or not.
The glass is half full
Old 06-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

Well I build missions and I DO mind about the maps being updated. So will those people who have already built campaigns if they find out they will have to do a substantial amount of re-work.

Again, it's not an unreasonable request to have a further Beta with the corrected maps, as I believe they exist, and that I also believe (correct me someone if I'm wrong) that to release them won't require any substantial extra work from Oleg's team. As I understand it, there's no pain and lots to gain, so why not do it? With the aspects of the patch that do require input from Maddox Games I perfectly understand why Oleg wants to prioritise BoB/Galba and so I'm happy to wait.

Updating the maps should be a quick win and will keep lots of us occupied rather than whining, and as Beowulf points out, the 3rd Party mapmakers deserve their work to be given a little more attention.

Last edited by Golf Pro; 06-21-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Oleg knows that if you guys get 4.09 you will just be whining for a 4.10 and more planes.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Me and 10,000 others are already on 7.09
Old 06-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Pro View Post
.......Again, it's not an unreasonable request to have a further Beta with the corrected maps, as I believe they exist..........

But of course this "request" is unreasonable!!!
You might wish to get this present from the 3rd Party developers and oleg.

Next thing is that people demand things for free.... that´s ridiculous.
As i quoted before : TANSTAAFL
Old 06-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

"request", "wish" - well if you like to play semantics, then it's a reasonable wish

If providing us with the corrected maps involves additional work for the 3rd party developers and Oleg, then yes I agree it would be unreasonable. As I don't *think* (but don't *know* - maybe you could advise?) it would do, then why not provide them?

I'm not looking for a "free lunch". All I'm looking for is the correct versions of things that have already been provided so that I can confidently use them.

The lunch is there. Give me a knife and fork.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

@golf pro

i can´t help it, for me you are appearing as demanding.
we can hope to get the final patch but we have no rights to expect anything given from om.
What have you done that you can demand the fork and the knife?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Approved Member

Robtek - I would not really say that I'm "demanding", "requesting" or "wishing". I suppose what I'm doing is "suggesting" in the form of a "request". Yes I may appear to be "demanding" to you, and you appear to be being "arrogantly dismissive" to me. I'm sure that's not what either of us is *actually* doing, as we are communicating by the imperfect world of the internet, where subtlety is generally lost in translation.

Of course OM is inundated with hungry mouths, and whenever a request is made, whatever it's merits, it is just seen as another hungry mouth. This has become a kind of ritual where everybody makes requests as though theirs is the most important idea on Earth, then there's a knee-jerk assertive snapping back from OM's protectors regardless of the merit of the idea. This is the process we are both engaged in now.

I think whether my suggestion to release the updated maps is "reasonable" or "unreasonable" depends upon whether it would entail extra work for Oleg & Co. If it does I will accept this as being the case and not mention it again. If it doesn't then my suggestion would give many members of the community (especially mission builders) the opportunity to use these maps to the benefit of themselves and the rest of the community.

I see this as being more of technical question than one of "rights" and "demands". If it is easily achieved then I would *suggest* that whoever is responsible for the updated maps (don't think it's Oleg, actually) should at least consider their release via another beta patch. They can decide "yea" or "nay" accordingly. However I would *at least* like them to consider it.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Pro View Post
I think whether my suggestion to release the updated maps is "reasonable" or "unreasonable" depends upon whether it would entail extra work for Oleg & Co. If it does I will accept this as being the case and not mention it again. If it doesn't then my suggestion would give many members of the community (especially mission builders) the opportunity to use these maps to the benefit of themselves and the rest of the community.
Oleg said that they had no room for 4.09, I understand that there is extra work to do, that this work will be done when they can, and that they are at the moment too busy to do it.