Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

I wonder if we could get another beta with the updated (corrected) maps.

That way mission builders can safely start building missions with the new maps before the final 4.09 is released.......
Old 07-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

lol, looks like we on 408 are being put on the shelf , it was my understanding that 1946 was going to be lexx's project, 409 was a 3rd party and everyone else was working on sow. so if this is the case, surely 409 should have been completed by now, as it has been months since the beta has been out.
And yes, i am having a moan, i have spent a lot of hard CASH on il2 range and feel that it is only fair that i get the patches that are required to fix it up to what it should be. you say the patches are free, but really they are not. you pay for the sim and therefore have already paid for the patches.

and one more point...........
many of the things that oleg said was not possible have been made possible by this sound mod thing. the so call sounds that are being used are freeware and as the patches are supposedly free then there is no issue there. some peeps have even recorded actual sounds from the real planes and use them
external environment.... done
new cockpits..............done
realistic tracers...........done
new maps..................done
even new aircraft........done
to name but a few and all this and more done in less the time that 409bm has been out. and all this with NO CHEATING in sight. NO weapon mods are allowed and NO damage mods are allowed.
people love this sim and want it to be the best that it can be, and have done their best to make it exactly that.
so why all this animosity????????????.
enjoy stock il2, i for one enjoy the immersion and realism that comes with the mod. after all, its only a 3rd party addon just like 409bm, just a heck of a lot better.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_one View Post
you pay for the sim and therefore have already paid for the patches.

You are absolutely right!

I will go to my car-salesman and demand a new tire and a new engine. It needs to be replaced and hell, I payed a lot more money for my car than for IL2!

No, you're right, a bad example. Silly me!

I should go and demand a nav-aid, slicks, a new color and racing seats. Hey, after all, 4.09 will be an addon, too, right?

I'd really like to spend just one single friggin day in your fairy-tale-pinky-flushy-world, people, really.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:49 PM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
You are absolutely right!

I will go to my car-salesman and demand a new tire and a new engine. It needs to be replaced and hell, I payed a lot more money for my car than for IL2!

No, you're right, a bad example. Silly me!

I should go and demand a nav-aid, slicks, a new color and racing seats. Hey, after all, 4.09 will be an addon, too, right?

I'd really like to spend just one single friggin day in your fairy-tale-pinky-flushy-world, people, really.

Look at the Game SIMS http://thesims.ea.com/ it still putting patches and updates out like theres no tomorrow. It's been out for more than 9 years now.

Look at the Game Americas Army still doing engine updates on the fly and content. http://www.americasarmy.com/
So your telling us that all the mileage we put on IL2 is just maintenance?
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc

Last edited by GF_Mastiff; 07-11-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: mess
Old 07-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
So your telling us that all the mileage we put on IL2 is just maintenance?

Nope. It's your pleasure, your memories and your experience with this game.

But it gives you no right for anything except to install and play this game on a single PC at a time. That's all.

I know, life is hard.

(TheSims is an extremely good example. You know how many free Patches were released by EA over these 9 years? Then let me tell you: 7 overall patches, SEVEN. And for how many payware addons? Right, that's 7, too! - That makes one Patch per release - now you really want the situation we have with TheSims transfered to IL2?????? )

ROFLOL - Americas Army? You are comparing a constantly supported government project to IL2? Hell, I didn't know the RedArmy needs pilots THAT desperate, especially since the war is over quite a while, you know? LOL !

Last edited by Feuerfalke; 07-11-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
lol, when a game is released, it is always flawed, thats why patches are released, to patch the holes( flaws ) when you buy a car, you get an unflawed object. if it is flawed, they give you a new one, if they find issues with parts on a car, they recall. it is not a fairy tale world, it is reality.
and if you would like to spend a day in my world, then get out of YOUR fairytale world and join us in the world of reality, maybe you might like it.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

p.s., i have spent a lot of money on il2 range, maybe more than most, i have every right lol.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

I'd really, really wish that you'd get just the bugs removed for your personal copy of BoB, no additional planes, no additional maps, no additional objects, no additional skins, no additional missions, no additional graphics, no additional effects, no additional flight-model, no additional coding, no nothing.

Just a single patch to solve the bugs and the rest by payware, like GF_Mastiff wants it.

Just the simple claim to have spent more money on IL2 than most of us gives you nothing, except the aura of arrogance and ignorance. But I must confess you indeed surpass most of us in that regard.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

a personal attack eh, simple am i?, you muppet, get a damnd life ant try for once to understand the reality of things, you quite obviously cant get to grips with what should be, pmsl. just because you dont like the facts you have to attack, i throw down the glove and invite you from behind your PC, maybe you would like to come to duxford and meet up to discuss how , and i quote" simple" i am. i am sure you would like to run to the nearest gate in fear.

409 was supposed to be the final "fix" for il2, now it has been shelved. this says to me that the sim is not finnished!!!!!!!!
and yes, if you add up the money i have spent on this sim alone, with all the add ons, and new versions, it runs into HUNDREDS of pounds. yes hundreds. maybe you did not pay for your copy and stole it from torrent or something.maybe that is why you are so arrogant!!!!! sorry just noticed, you is german,which explains a lot in my book.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

You want to threaten me? Is that all you've got?

4.09 was postponed, not canceled, if I may correct you, and as you can play 1946 the way it is now, you don't NEED the patch - so there's no right to demand it from that side.

On the other hand, you are right, of course. IL2-1946 will never be finished. Neither with 4.09 nor with patch 20,000 or any mods. Looking at it from that point of view, your position is rather comfortable, as you can never be pleased. But that is what you want, right? Just complain and demand.

I suggest you start looking at IL2 as a game, not as a religion, nation, a precious incomplete personal treasure that you and you alone gave a lot of money for. It's a game, that's it. A fun game, but an old game with too many limits and too many restrains, a piece of software that is reaching its limit of support.

On the other hand, as you even start a racist thing from it, perhaps that's just too much for you?