Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpee View Post
I find I expend my ammo way too quickly, so it's a good idea to keep your Service Revolver handy. The trick is to fly really close alongside the Jerry. wave at him friendly like and smile. If your quick you can let of a few shots at him before he works out whats going on.

What ever you do don't be tempted to use you flare gun as it's hopeless at flight speeds and if it goes off in you crate you'll have a fire to deal with as well as a pissed off German. Better to keep the flare for those times you and Jerry crash close to each other. Make eye contact and give him a friendly smile, extend a hand then give him a good old man huge. Thats when you let him have it with the flare down the back of the flight suit. LOL, gets them every time.
Drewpee, please remember that it is a bannable offence to create a post that could reserect the the tube shooter discussion! It just aint worth it!

It allways bothered me to Why they would choose to model the .303 MK1 round in the load out? Was it really used in the BoB! Very slow MV compared to the other rounds would have thrown out any hope of convergence in mixed loadouts.

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 06-12-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Approved Member

Does anybody know what "reserve ammo" means?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpang788 View Post
Does anybody know what "reserve ammo" means?
If you mean 'Residue ammo' its where you can set the last rounds of your ammo belt to be different from the rest. For instance on one or two guns you could set a residue of 50 rounds white tracer to let you know you are running out of ammo.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 06-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow View Post
I see a 200 post thread about the historic percentage of deWilde ammo available already lurking ...
Not really. 1 gun was DeWilde from accounts I've seen. Pilots screamed for it but couldn't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
If you mean 'Residue ammo' its where you can set the last rounds of your ammo belt to be different from the rest. For instance on one or two guns you could set a residue of 50 rounds white tracer to let you know you are running out of ammo.
Except really it's to say "You've run out" because there's about a second left when you get to that stage lol
Old 06-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Ah yes silly me i meant residue ammo ! Thanks for the answer
Old 09-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
preatty much wha JRB said

1 - 8 Tracer + icendiary ( 1 -1 ratio , red and yellow for the cool factor)
2 - 7 Icendiary.
3 - 6 Armour piercing.
4 - 5 Armour piercing.

convergence set at 100 meters our 150 meters. aim at the engine.
I tried your set-up (although not the red/yellow part), aimed at the engines, and am knocking them off! I cut a 109 in half, the other night. With limited ammo, I can take down three twin-engined bombers per flight.

Thanks,

binky9
Intel i7 3.4ghz Processor
GTX 780 Graphics Card OC
24GB Ram
Track IR5
50" LG HDMI LED 1920x1080 60hrz
MS FFB2 Stick
CH Pedals
Saitek Throttle/Prop/Mixture and Trim wheel
Thrustmaster MFDs

League City, TX
Old 09-15-2012, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
Hey there!

I am currently looking for a effective ammo-settings against 109´s for the spit / Hurri. I once had a pretty good setting which blew up the 109s engine within (+/-)a second but I accidentally deletet it when i reinstalled the game...

So what are you using? And what is effective against bombers as well?

I appreciate any help, thank you!

Continu0
You can not 'blow up the engine' of a 109. What you are probably referring to is setting the aircraft engine area on fire with the dewilde round. However, the 109 will fly around just fine as a fireball, such is the porked damage modelling we have currently.

The only real practical ways to down a 109 currently are a) Cause large leak in fuel tank, have him run out of fuel. b) Pilot kill (quite difficult for some reason despite hundreds of rounds raking the canopy area, not so with the 109 MG17). It is very difficult to disable control surfaces or cause damage to the engine.

(source: hundreds of hours on repka dogfight)

Last edited by trademe900; 09-15-2012 at 05:27 AM.