Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 01-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
This is great!
Mods are what made IL2 live as long and healthy a life as it has had, and maybe well finally get some corrected FM's for, well, just about everything! Lol!
\not sure about that.

FM's were always carefully preserved by the responsible modding community in IL2. Look back at the old AAA to see what I mean. Players streaking round in 600 MPH 109's is the last thing this already troubled game needs.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoilfx View Post
I play practically every day at ATAG and Repka dogfight servers and I have yet to encounter any UFO FMs, unless you count Spit IIa
It could very well be a Spit Ia with 'altered' FM now...
Old 01-06-2012, 01:47 PM
71st_Mastiff

I heared some eastern players talking about making the Ia's with the engine it's suposed to have compared to the Rotol Hurricans.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 01-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff View Post
I heared some eastern players talking about making the Ia's with the engine it's suposed to have compared to the Rotol Hurricans.
Source?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

VAC is a server side setting enabled or disabled in confs.ini. Repka has it disabled up till now to avoid another possible reason for instability.

In case the thread is addressed to the devs but not to server owners, the title should be more specific I think because luthier knows that it is a server side setting. Maybe he will read this thread though http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28341 Worth rising the issue there if there is one.

BTW Spit 1a mod is available in the mod section for many months already. Using it online can lead to loosing your Steam account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoilfx View Post
I play practically every day at ATAG and Repka dogfight servers and I have yet to encounter any UFO FMs, unless you count Spit IIa
This. I have not seen any track or video where Spit 1a outruns a 109 or 109 outturns a Spit either. Nowadays it is pretty easy to have a video-proof of someone cheating, e.g. real-time web-TV services.

I do agree that if VAC does not work in the game at all it has to be fixed though. If ATAG has VAC enabled maybe someone who have a 2nd copy of a game can test if VAC works.

Last edited by Ataros; 01-06-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Regarding VAC and FXAA I have a quistion. In the reedme file it says

Quote:
WARNING:
-----------------------------
Do not use this tool while playing on anti cheat enabled servers (may be detected as a cheating measure)!
Is it legal to use or not and do you lose your Steam accound?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
@RedDragon, It's unknown whether FXAA causes issues with VAC, as we simply don't know if VAC is working atm. I have used the FXAA files since they were introduced to us (probably 5 months ago?), and have yet to be banned, and my callsign does not appear on the VAC list. Now whether that means VAC is not working, or that the FXAA is being ignored, I do not know.
Thanks Cheesehawk

I have been using them ass well with great enjoy, but I was just a bit concern, if VAC took care of me some day using it

I hope they allow it, becarse you then have a chance to setup AA, color and contrast that fits your monitor and graphics card.

~S~
Old 01-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Ofcourse some sort of VAC or IC, is needed and good, but, I never have seen ANY hacked or strange behaving on ATAG server, and I fly most times against our eastern friends, who get always attacked on other forums as well.

There is so far I know and have seen nothing rong, and it is AT the TIME to stop false comments against other players who are just better then others.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

The insinuations and behavior of mediocres and frustrated pilots ruins the game much more than the alleged cheating

Windows 7 ultimate 64 - i7 2600k - Asus P8P67 - 2 x Radeon HD 6970 2 Gb - 12 Gb Ram Corsair - SSD OCZ Vertex 2e 120 Gb - HD WD Caviar Black 1 Tb - Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000 W - res 1360x768 - Logitec G940 Hotas - Saitek Combat rudder pedals - Trackir 5
Old 01-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

The way i see it working in other games (eg Team Fortress 2) is that each server can decide which mods to allow/run. If you join a TF2 server that uses a mod then the mod is not only allowed, but also automatically downloaded and installed for you. If you join a regular server, the mod just stays inactive.

As for CoD, i haven't seen any suspicious behaviour but then again i'm not a regular onliner by any stretch.

In regards to what is allowed on CoD servers, i just run a vanilla install to be on the safe side of things, but if you run any harmless mods you can check your VAC status from within the Steam client.

The way i understand it, VAC doesn't ban you outright. What happens is that it collects data over a period of time and when the "season" ends, they ban the accounts with the highest number of offenses.

If you want to check your VAC standing just open your client, click on the steam menu and select settings. On the account tab, 3rd line from the top, you can see your VAC status. If you've been using something like FXAA mods for a long time and it still says "in good standing", then it's safe to assume that either VAC doens't mind or our servers don't have VAC enabled.

In any case, i guess that as soon as VAC is enabled our helpful server hosts will post here and on their forums to let us know what is allowed and what is not.