Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Sorry to hear about the delay. Fingers crossed that the fix won't be very difficult.

Wheels
Old 01-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

I found a rather easy and nice way to play IL-2 widescreen on my notebook, but I don't know if it is possible for everyone or if Im saying something that everybody already knows, but anyway...

I have a Geforce graphic card, so I just go to the NVIDIA control panel (by right clicking on the desktop), select "adjust desktop size and position" and, under the "scaling mode", select "full screen"... and when I start IL-2, voilá! Nice and smooth widescreen withou changing anything on the config.ini...

Thanks again TD for all your hard work and your concern in delivering us a bug-free patch, we have waited many months, we can wait a few more days or weeks!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Storm View Post
I found a rather easy and nice way to play IL-2 widescreen on my notebook, but I don't know if it is possible for everyone or if Im saying something that everybody already knows, but anyway...

I have a Geforce graphic card, so I just go to the NVIDIA control panel (by right clicking on the desktop), select "adjust desktop size and position" and, under the "scaling mode", select "full screen"... and when I start IL-2, voilá! Nice and smooth widescreen withou changing anything on the config.ini...

Thanks again TD for all your hard work and your concern in delivering us a bug-free patch, we have waited many months, we can wait a few more days or weeks!
yes, but your loosing FOV......

what your doing has been known for years, but doesn't address the problem.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:21 PM
What the heck...?

Finding late, show-stopping bugs in beta testing is no uncommon occurrence. Glad to know your guys are on top of things. Looking forward to release.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Would I be too hopeful to ask if we have a new date to look forward to this great release
Old 01-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryRIEDL View Post
Would I be too hopeful to ask if we have a new date to look forward to this great release
The new date is the same as the previous one - it'll be released when it's ready...
Head tracking: TrackIR 5. Sore neck: See previous.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

Default Ugly bug?

Not the dreaded distortive harmonic vibration in the shaft balancing flux capacitor linkage coupling. Hence causing clutter in the thermal processing unit relay, causing the plasma to cool early???
Old 01-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
Not the dreaded distortive harmonic vibration in the shaft balancing flux capacitor linkage coupling. Hence causing clutter in the thermal processing unit relay, causing the plasma to cool early???
No. They fixed that earlier. The problem is that their fix misaligned the magnetohydrodynamic oscillators, leading to a feedback loop in the negative-polarity quantum-field link. Or more likely it was a stray null pointer, a fencepost error, or an attempt to test a floating-point number for equality with '0.10'...

Most bugs are annoyingly obvious... after you find them...
Head tracking: TrackIR 5. Sore neck: See previous.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
No. They fixed that earlier. The problem is that their fix misaligned the magnetohydrodynamic oscillators, leading to a feedback loop in the negative-polarity quantum-field link. Or more likely it was a stray null pointer, a fencepost error, or an attempt to test a floating-point number for equality with '0.10'...

Most bugs are annoyingly obvious... after you find them...
Faster-than-light neutrinos and Higgs bosons are modelled as well. Some of you may claim that neutrinos are overmodelled...
Old 01-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Default hmm thermal blow back issues indeed

I think they should check the langston valve for frictional delay. Then by using a micrometer to check for deviation in the fibre optic spectron alalyzer. You would think that if the oscillating rotors had adequate clearance, the friction modifiers would last longer. May have to break out the chiltons manual on this one, hmmm.

it may require tuning by Angus in salt lake, he fixed a friends drum set once!!