Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 10-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Tamat View Post
so actually the fact that an hurricane is without really a big problem attached to the tail of an emil is because the emil pilots are not good pilots.
Sure.
I always knew that hopping on an hurricane i would have been a better pilot.
Bingo!

chuck said it best when he said it is the man not the machine

Prob for most is that knife cuts both ways!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

S!

Ace, Lipfert stated clearly he used the drag to slow down. Not arguing against you Tamat, just wait for Battle for Moscow and we will see Russian planes doing it all better
Old 10-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Wow! This is great news, now I can fly in my G.50 with radiators fully open with full confidence!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Ace, Lipfert stated clearly he used the drag to slow down. Not arguing against you Tamat, just wait for Battle for Moscow and we will see Russian planes doing it all better
Ah good Lipfert agrees with me than!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

One thing I want to try with the Spit & Hurri rads is to open and close them and check any change in climb rate. This meshes with what you're saying in a way -- it seems to me when I close my rad the speed doesn't change but by climb rate increases. Obviously, when I trim accordingly to keep the climb rate where I want it, the speed will increase.

However.......we've had a couple of beta patches plus the most recent retail patch, so I could be dead wrong on my observation above.

I have noticed the canopy open/closed has no effect on drag/speed. I tend to fly canopy open now for

1) better visibility -- especially in the Hurri
2) you can hear the DB601 supercharger whine directly behind you as a 109 is lining you up!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

S!

Addman, Finns had problems with the Fiat G.50 overheating and it took tedious work to solve it, even own parts were made to overcome issues with the Fiat engine.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Ok I don't want to say the dull word but there is Hurri's and Hurri. I hve experienced some fight with some of my opponents hving strange behaviors. I think your expe is more related to that.

Pls next time you see me flying a Hurri on the server let's hve a try and see if it's the same (I won't shoot.... at least I 'll try hard )

I can guarantee you that if you pull over to catch some speed and then fly level, automatically you'll extend easily from a hurri that is in your back. The distance increasing as soon you push that noes down (loss of power for the Merlin eng)
Old 10-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Addman, Finns had problems with the Fiat G.50 overheating and it took tedious work to solve it, even own parts were made to overcome issues with the Fiat engine.
Ok, guess they've nailed the FM on it in CloD then because you need to have at least half rads open on it unless you're doing 300+ kph. BTW, you don't know any good material (books etc.) on the G.50 in Finnish service? Cheers!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Ok, guess they've nailed the FM on it in CloD then because you need to have at least half rads open on it unless you're doing 300+ kph. BTW, you don't know any good material (books etc.) on the G.50 in Finnish service? Cheers!
DId you check your Mixt ?
Old 10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
DId you check your Mixt ?
Yup, always checking my RPM when I fiddle with the mixture and of course you know it's wrong when the whole plane starts to shake.