Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 11-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Wow Faucon you guys are awsome! Hope you get your Su26, it's inclusion was meant to prove how good the physics modelling was so maybe once the physics is fixed we'll get to see you guys over London.

http://vimeo.com/7454012 @1.10 I actually shouted out loud! Incredible
Old 11-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

At this point, related to Su-26, there are news, but not from Luthier...

Carenado, the FSX/X-Plane addon company, has created Alabeo, another addon company, but focused in aerobatic planes and not specifying what simulator:

http://www.facebook.com/Alabeo

If this is going to be into FSX it will be a serious mistake. X-Plane should not be so bif mistake, but what I really would like is that kind of addons made into CoD; as Faucon, I also fly aerobatics in RL, and I'm also totally agree that no other simulator apart of Il2 series is closer to real aerobatics when we speak about FM.

PS: Faucon, I'm looking for your great videos and all of them were deleted on youtube, what happened?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

One of the most serious on that field that I remember :

I might one day take time to install it back on my HD
Old 11-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

The Su-26m flight model, engine model and propeller model was present in the game, but it seems to have been removed with one of the recent updates.

I did do a quick and dirty mod that replaced the tigermoths flight model with that of the 26. Was pretty fun to fly around.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Titus View Post
You bought a second world war combat flight sim solely to use a modern stunt plane?
+1 No need at all IMHO. This is WW2 simulator, bring us WW2 planes.

Why not an AH-64H Apache?

CPU Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 -> OC 4 Ghz MB ASUS P6T Cooler Noctua NH-D14 Memory 12GB
GPU 2x nVidia 285 GTX 1GB SLI HD 2x SATAII WD VelociRaptor 150GB RAID 0
SB ASUS Xonar DS/DT 7.1 PSU Tagan 1100W OS W7 Ult.64 LCD LG W2284F-PF
TrackIR 3 Pro + Saitek X-52 + Saitek Pro Rudders Pedals + Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant + Saitek PcDash 2
Old 11-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeBrAnTo View Post
+1 No need at all IMHO. This is WW2 simulator, bring us WW2 planes.

Why not an AH-64H Apache?
Ahh, I like the "positive" and "open mind" way behind your words!

Sorry, but this is an excellent propeller plane sim, not only WWII. If people don't see far beyond it's not the problem of the rest of the simmers who want realistic planes in a realistic simulator instead of eye-cany planes in non realistic simulators.

Anyway, the more planes there will be, the more best seller will it be. Want it or not, civillian planes on civillian simulators sells more than combat planes in a combat simulator only. The key to survive is spread to more markets.

And talking about realism, some real flyers are expecting more realistic flight model effects to be implemented in CoD, like true P-Effect, and specially, PROPWASH, there's not only torque on a propeller plane! Hope all these will be implemented on future FM reworks!

Some of us already use 1946 as a serious training for real life aerobatics. Ki-27 behaves very similar to the plane I fly. So we also want this kind of real training in CoD.

Last edited by TUCKIE_JG52; 11-23-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
I can't remember it ever being in the game. You have any images of it in game?

Interesting comment about the IL-2 series FM's, any one care to comment on the AccuSim guys' flight models? Everyone seems to rave about their prop pitch and systems/sounds. Are their FM's less than stellar?

There are images of the Su-26 in CoD when it was the Igromir pre-release display:

I've not tested accusim, but I'm not expecting much realism on a faulty FM base like FSX. It's not an Accusim problem, it's the platform they chose. All these expansion creators shour consider workking for CoD.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Lemon View Post
The Su-26m flight model, engine model and propeller model was present in the game, but it seems to have been removed with one of the recent updates.

I did do a quick and dirty mod that replaced the tigermoths flight model with that of the 26. Was pretty fun to fly around.
I've never installed any mod into CoD, but if your mod works, it would be the one and only I would install, just to test... It could be nice to made it into Fiat G50 with no ammo, just to have an aerobatic radial engine plane like Su-26...

Is there any way to use it? Or it's impossible due the removal you tell?
Old 11-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Lemon View Post

Could you share it please if it still works with new patches?
Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Could you share it please if it still works with new patches?
erm...
Quote: