Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

Can I by any chance steal your planes? I want them on my table.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
Can I by any chance steal your planes? I want them on my table.
Haha, they have stolen enough of my hard earned cash (which i dont get paid alot of i might add!!) but they look good and i enjoy the searching side of it trying to find a bargain.

You can pick up some for as little as £10, then others of the same scale that could go over £100!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:13 AM
Approved Member

No doubt the best collection I ever seen. Do you share them at expos? If not you should. Thanks for sharing
Old 09-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

very nice thread foz!!!
and very nice collection!!!fantastic!! ,your corsair "3" withe must be the plane of enseign FREDERICK J.STREIG of VF17 ,in 1944 ,i think.strangly in 1944 ,the streig's corsair had still the red lines around the US nationality roundels,in fact these red lines were painted during a short time in a middle of 1943,but quickly suppressed because of the resemblence with the japanese HINOMARU.
the 29 must be the plane of IRA C.KEPFORD ,VF17 too ,bougainville ,january 1944.

Last edited by olife; 09-15-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQ59 View Post
Cool thread Foz, and what an impressing collection of Hurries!

I've set my mind of building up a little fighter-collection myself. The basic idea is to collect a small # of significant warbirds to illustrate a tiny bit of the development they went through in just a few short years, and the special purpose and task they were designed to cover.

From left to right in the vid you see a mkVb, a mkIX, a mkXIV, P51B, P51D-5, E3, F4 and a A-5. In back there is a V1 that came with the mkXIV.
(Notice the markings on the mkXIV is the same as the spit in BoP/DW-D. A cool coincidense...) Set the vid at highest resolution.

very nice collection my friend!!!!!!!!fantastic !!!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olife View Post
very nice thread foz!!!
and very nice collection!!!fantastic!! ,your corsair "3" withe must be the plane of enseign FREDERICK J.STREIG of VF17 ,in 1944 ,i think.strangly in 1944 ,the streig's corsair had still the red lines around the US nationality roundels,in fact these red lines were painted during a short time in a middle of 1943,but quickly suppressed because of the resemblence with the japanese HINOMARU.
the 29 must be the plane of IRA C.KEPFORD ,VF17 too ,bougainville ,january 1944.
Thank you for your kind words Olife

Your knowledge of the Corsairs is very good!! Your correct on both counts on who they belong to.

As for "3" it was the corsair that he (Frederick Streig) used when he was in combat over Rabaul in January 1944. Your right, it is strange how the red lines are still present as i think (don't quote me) they were stopped being used in mid/late 43??
Old 09-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
Thank you for your kind words Olife

Your knowledge of the Corsairs is very good!! Your correct on both counts on who they belong to.

As for "3" it was the corsair that he (Frederick Streig) used when he was in combat over Rabaul in January 1944. Your right, it is strange how the red lines are still present as i think (don't quote me) they were stopped being used in mid/late 43??
no probs my friend ,your planes are a real beauties!!!

yes i think that the red lines were stopped in september 1943 .
...if u have the project to have an f6f hellcat collection or if u have now ,please,for christ's sake!!!,show me it!!...mmmm...my lovely hellcat!!

again congratulations for your fantastic collection!!

sincerely
olife