Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
There has been a demo available for this for some time now. It was posted here but was removed.
Why on earth would they remove it? A strong community it commercial campaign set can only increase the viability of CoD. Or do the devs think they don't need help in this regard!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Third party involvement is very welcome. It will be very interesting to see what they've done with the full mission builder and the way they've structured the campaigns.

All the very best of luck to them!

Cheers!
Thank You Tiger !

For clearence:
Fighter Aces! Helmut Wick vs. J. C. Dundas is a Campaign Add On in tradition of our IL2 Add On Series ( we made 7 Campaign Add Ons for the IL2 Series, most of them in German Language only) Fighter Aces Series is now continued in CloD.

The Add On will be translated into English in between the next 3/4 Weeks and available as DL Version via our Shop site.

Also we do enter into negotiations with 1C Company for a Version for GUS Boxed/or/and Steam DLC.

Content:

6 Campaigns in two Versions: Low (for low end Computers) and High (for medium and power mashines)

Fighter Aces! Major Helmut Wick - 25+ Missions
Fighter Aces! Flight Lieutenant J. C. Dundas - 13 Missions
No. 609 Squadrons - Spitfire - 42 Missions
No. 111 Squadron - Hurricanes - 27+ Missions
Erprobungsgruppe 210 - ME 110 - Fighter Bombers over England - 30 Missions
3./JG 2 "Richthofen - Bf 109 - 40 Missions

All Campaigns based on historic facts. Campaigns built by orignal reports of the German Luftwaffe High Command and british Fighter Command.

Special Features:

Dynamic RDF System for british Fighter Campaigns (RADAR)
Manual with historic Overview and Blueprints of Plane Silhouettes, Combat Codes of Luftwaffe Fighters, Target Numbers of British Airfields (historic)
Helmut Wick Skins for every of his Aircraft according to the Missions with correct Shooting Markings

Special Edition (Box only):

Printed DIN A2 Channel Map for Combat flying, with printed Target Numbers.
Printed Manual within 24 Aircraft Silhouetes

Cheers
Thomas

Last edited by desastersoft; 07-18-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

Why would I pay 30 euros for something I or the community can produce for free?

It's not likely to have addressed any of the bugs like radio commands and in any case I think that would be an infringement of Maddox Ts&Cs?

Anyway, its a lot to try to make out of a chance dogfight with a typically unpredictable end, probably due to luck and circumstance.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Approved Member

30 Euros........,ROFL

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desastersoft View Post
Thank You Tiger !

For clearence:
Fighter Aces! Helmut Wick vs. J. C. Dundas is a Campaign Add On in tradition of our IL2 Add On Series ( we made 7 Campaign Add Ons for the IL2 Series, most of them in German Language only) Fighter Aces Series is now continued in CloD....
There's nothing wrong with any kind of 3rd party campaigns / addons to IL2 CoD, on contrary.

The only thing I say is that the price is way too high considering what you guys are offering. Maybe I would pay 5 to 10 euros for the package content you mentioned, but in no way more than that.

Anyway, it's a free world, and you can ask whatever price you consider for it, same as I am free to pay whatever cost I think it is fair.

Good luck!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
There's nothing wrong with any kind of 3rd party campaigns / addons to IL2 CoD, on contrary.

The only thing I say is that the price is way too high considering what you guys are offering. Maybe I would pay 5 to 10 euros for the package content you mentioned, but in no way more than that.

Anyway, it's a free world, and you can ask whatever price you consider for it, same as I am free to pay whatever cost I think it is fair.

Good luck!
Amazons price is not the price we earn, budy ....
Some seem to forget that. And i doubt, tht you can produce it such for 5-10 Euro, realy ...

Such Add On is work of 4 People for now 5 Months.

But as you mentoined: Free World and nobody is beaten to buy it. Most we sell to our Fans of our Series. We don´t get rich with it, believe me .

cheers
Thomas
Old 07-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

About the prices, just imaging what the costs are to print a "small" number of maps and manuals,
adding to that the production costs for the box and the dvd and many hours of research and taming the fmb.
Then this price isn't too high if you want to reenact the history.
To fly all this missions takes you longer than to play the sp-part of a more expensive fps, so more fun for the money.
There might be free missions, but usually without a proper researched and documented background.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Why would I pay 30 euros for something I or the community can produce for free?
Because this is worth it for this addon
If you can do it better, so feel free to do it
Old 07-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

As you say. I'm not saying you want to get rich through it (even if you might want to), or that the costs and needed human power aren't what you are saying (even if though it doesn't seem like).

I'm just saying that the final outcome, which is a series of (static) missions, of the quality as seen from the demo, are not worth more than 5-10 euros. You are asking for it (again, a few static missions and some skins) 30 euros, which is roughly as the cost of the game itself, which is a thing I find, excuse my frankness, outrageous.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Harti View Post
Because this is worth it for this addon
If you can do it better, so feel free to do it
Thats my point, it isn't worth 30 Euros to me. Some have said 5-10. I might be interested in paying something like that to save me the time and trouble but for 30 euros? I can live without it. I only play on line anyway, well 95% of the time.

But as they say about their forum "advert", no-one's beating me to buy it.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders