Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
Why more European conflicts , The Pacific owns the European war.
Maddox Games = russian developer
1C = russian publisher

Of course the Eastern Front is of more interest to them than the Pacific (not to mention that Pacific Fighters and 1946 were badly hampered by Grumman's corporate greed) because their "home base" is very much interested in the Eastern Front. And about "owning" anything ... go buy a few good books on the EF. You may want to revise your attitude then.

And I can't fault them for it ... being an Eastern Front fan myself.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

Back to the OP. I think I'll let other people buy (beta test) the next instalment in the series first before I make any decisions. I also hope that people are not still talking about the potential of CloD then, that would just be sad.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Global Moderator

It's OK with me if they want to talk about the future optimistically.

It makes sense to work on future projects, because some dev team members may be done with their current projects. I am thinking of graphic items, i.e, aircraft.

Fact is I don't in my wildest thoughts think BOB COD won't finish competently. If the dev was going to walk away it would have been done by now, or worse the US release would have followed shortly behind the Europe and Russian releases. That way they could have captured all the revenue possible from all quarters... riding on the reputation of IL2. Then walking away would have made more money sense.

As it is, the US release is delayed...

I don't care, if the US release is delayed even further. Getting the BOB COD right, and getting a competent final release is my interest. I'm not put off by this, because I'm a die-hard that loves the IL2. I know I'd have waited another year for the BOB release, patiently waiting like everyone else.

I'm in this for the long haul. Ten years of enjoyment from Il2, encourages me. The TD and mods have already turned IL2 into a new and more exciting CFS (combat flight simulator). I've got plenty to keep me busy with the improvements in IL2, while I patiently wait for the BOB COD.

Last edited by nearmiss; 07-02-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

"Dear Users,

We are sorry you thought we care about your feedback. We didn't realize you were so confused that you couldn't understand Oleg is no longer part of our team. Now run along and go play with the new boat we gave you."
Old 07-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Maybe it's not cost effective but they should use those laser scanners and just goto a museum and spend a few days scanning aircraft. Then they could just get exact flight models within 1mm and get it done a hell of a lot faster.
It is clear that you don't know what is modelling for gaming...and modelling in general

That said, could be better to have more models of that one (it means patches) that a new theater (it means add-on= money). But the 1C perhaps doesn't has clear in the mind that there is alot of people angry around, at least for the totally uncorrect communication about the game.
In the ambient of the organized wings i never met someone happy for the situation of the game. Only an example for all: seems for you all normal that a new game has less people online in comparison with the old one (ten years older!!)?
Old 07-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

compare the people online between il2 firts of name and COD is not a good argument.

in fact even if COD was release with no bug or bad optimisation... there will be less people online than for il2 1946. during some years

why? because il2 is more than two hundred planes...communyty project like dynamic campaign, mostly all theatre of war are mapped.

the transfer of community between the two game will take much longer.

remember when il2 firts of name was release... lot of virtual squadreon have fly on il2 AND on european air war. why? because in the first release... il2 was only a simulation of eastern front.

the transfert between two game take a long time.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43 AM
machoo

It's false advertising IMO when they say 200 planes. More like 15 planes with a million different variants. ohhh look this one has a different colored button blah blah blah.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmiol View Post
compare the people online between il2 firts of name and COD is not a good argument.

the transfert between two game take a long time.
I disagree totally, the proof is that il2 the month after the coming out of CoD lost a big number of players (and still is not like before). That simply means, and i confirmed my toughts talking around with alot of people, that alot of players tryed to play with CoD without beeing able to continue cause the enormous problems of the game (let's say late alpha version?) still to improve. To return after to fly on il2 is difficult, because is like to return to an abused old food after that for alot of time people said to you that there would have been another better one..

Every one knew that il2 would have been still alive for alot of time (different scenarios, alot of planes, improved mods, Seow management, teams able to build campaigns online etc etc etc etc.) but for the online dogfight all the people were ready to test the new engine management, the new graphic and detailed map, the new atmosferic simulation, the perfect plane reconstruction (the acro plane where is?!) and all the marvellous things that they promise and still are not here..
that practically is the reason of the people angry, and returning in topic, why should be better imho to let the people see that also in 3d modelling they are still doing something on that (planes, maps, ships.. the list could be long) to "thank" the people that bought the game and found out a totally "raw" one...

Last edited by 6S.Tamat; 07-03-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
It's false advertising IMO when they say 200 planes. More like 15 planes with a million different variants. ohhh look this one has a different colored button blah blah blah.
for waht it matters is different. you cant compare a 109E1 with a k4. p40E with p40M etc etc etc...

there is more to it than the differnet collored button.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The only thing that is false is your post.