Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Because one cockpit takes about 6 months for an experienced modeller. And that is just the 3D part. The complexity of models and their systems has been considerably increased. Besides this is currently about the Battle of Britain so there are only a few types that would fit the bill here.
Sorry I call bull, that is absolutely not true unless the programming and graphics integration is a mess. Vehicles and mechanical models (like a cockpit) are very easy to make, what is very difficult (and absent) are organic/realistic character models (and then faces). Try maybe 1month max to model a cockpit if you have your research together, another week or two to texture and then you got to get the interface working which I dont know about so I am not sure how long it takes (thats the integration).
Old 07-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Approved Member

The 6 month estimation comes from Oleg. No guess on my part ...
Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
The 6 month estimation comes from Oleg. No guess on my part ...
Well that is strange, they must do them all in parallel or something, or maybe they have a very problematic engine/buggy coding that makes the animations hard. I can imagine the first time you make a cockpit it could take months, its a skillset - but once you do it a few times thing become drastically more efficient. Here is an example - my first modeling task ever was to make a haunted house, had about 6 hours a week and it took 2-3+ weeks to do the house and the surrounding terrain. SO lets say 24 hours, I went back the next year and assisted in helping others with the same/task and I could complete the house with about 2-3 hours of concenctrated work aslong as there were no bugs/geometry problems. The same thing applied with texturing models (learning to use photoshop and folding geometry which is a nightmare, but doesnt apply here luckily) and complex animation.

So maybe it was 6 months from start to finish but not just working on the cockpit? So everything from research to animation/interaction (know nothing about interaction because its unique for each engine I believe) and finished sound while working on other projects as well?
Old 07-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Approved Member

The P-40 is an old favourite of mine (guess my sig gives that away)as my Grandad used to groundcrew for them in the pacific in WW2.
When did the Russians start using these.....and do you think we'll see them in the Russian add-on....or did they use them later than the period that you think the add-on will be for?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Approved Member

end of 1941 theygot P-40B/C , they were first use at the Moskau front area.

Well, as we all thought the next update would be a "Battle of Mosaku 1941/42" scenario, it would perfectly fit .
Luthier just left us wondering with his last WIP talk about that they are modelling a La5. This plane would fit there not at all. So, we have to wait.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Approved Member

Y'all gonna be eating a lotta crow here in about 30 minutes. Watch and see.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timej31 View Post

"vBulletin Message
Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
Old 07-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Think it's working now.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=883
Old 07-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

I was thinking we were going to have a Sukhoi Su-26 Aerobatic plane as a bonus, not that it's needed but as a way of demonstrating the Flight engine and I seem to remember that all the aircraft were going to have operable doors and hatches that you would be able to pose aircraft sitting on the field with panels open for example. I'm sure the team is really busy considering that the US release is close at hand, so I'm not worried about what is next, first things first.