Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 06-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

I don't want any new planes from 1C, they can't be trusted to do them properly (six years and not ONE plane done right!)

I want better interfaces, functions that work, and above all, a dynamic mission generator.

I'd prefer mods for every thing else, they're a higher quality, lower lead time and more responsive developers.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Only for the future(a lot of work still with the actual fleet to fix and work with), planes of the periode: Defiant, Gladiator, Wellington and in the other side Bf 109E-1, Bf 109E-4 , Bf 110D-0, with the ventral tank like the utilised by Luftflotte V with the I./ZG 76, a Bf 110C-6 with the 30mm cannon like some planes utilised by the Erp.Gr 210, one high altitude recco Ju-86 and one floatplane He 59 Seenodienst.

Last edited by Danelov; 06-23-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Curtiss Hawk 75 for the French for pre BoB work, and later for the SAAF in the desert.

Curtiss P40, for the desert.

Macchi MC 200, again for the desert.

Also flyable Gladiator for early work in the desert.

I guess you can see where I'm going with this...

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 06-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I'd prefer mods for every thing else, they're a higher quality, lower lead time and more responsive developers.
You call mods high quality? You should really think twice before saying that. I have run IL-2 clean of mods since of their poor quality. For example, the flyable B17 is pretty much a rip off of the Maddox B-25 cockpit and the PE 8 mod flyable has repeated cockpits. Examples include He 111 and PE 2 use in the cockpit of the PE 8

The high quality mods are few and far between which some of them get implemented in the actual game. They may have better response time but do they put the "true" time and effort into the mods that are much poorer quality. IMHO, modded sounds sound unfull and very cheesy compared to stock.

My suggestion for the Maddox games next aircraft are to be what they want to do. If I had a choice, I want a Med theme.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_Eagle View Post
You call mods high quality? You should really think twice before saying that. I have run IL-2 clean of mods since of their poor quality. For example, the flyable B17 is pretty much a rip off of the Maddox B-25 cockpit and the PE 8 mod flyable has repeated cockpits. Examples include He 111 and PE 2 use in the cockpit of the PE 8

The high quality mods are few and far between which some of them get implemented in the actual game. They may have better response time but do they put the "true" time and effort into the mods that are much poorer quality. IMHO, modded sounds sound unfull and very cheesy compared to stock.

My suggestion for the Maddox games next aircraft are to be what they want to do. If I had a choice, I want a Med theme.
FW-190
/thread.

Now seriously guy, have you ever heard Jaffa's sounds? have you seen the new 3d models for the 109 pack and the stuff underdevelopment for the upcoming 190 pack? All of them shame the stock models, or rather update the antiquated stock versions.
Not all mods are great, but some are simply vital to any sense of reality.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

I heard we are getting a secret experimental British bomber

EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

Some version (or Mark, if you will) of the The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P40%20Warhawk.jpg (145.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

+1 on making the game solid and current set flyable to a high degree of quality we're used to.

+ moar on "I Want more sea planes" provided they fit to BOB.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Heinel Lerche

... sorry you asked for it

On a more serious note, the P-40 would rock as an early taste of "american" air power I'd love to see what 6x .50 cals do to CloD's damage model
Old 06-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

for me it would be the gladiator as it saw action in the bob and it would be useful for any future desert or Mediterranean action