Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkandrachoff View Post
because, in 2001 this sim call it Forgotten Battles: Russia (RED) Vs. Germany (Blue). catch it? it means red are the bad guys and blue the good
I can't really agree that Nazi Germany were the good guys in WW2.....!?!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

And Ivan Drago was wearing red trunks in Rocky IV.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo65 View Post
I can't really agree that Nazi Germany were the good guys in WW2.....!?!
Were there any good ones either?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixma View Post
1. British Empire and British Commonwealth Nations
2. Herman Goering
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
ROTFL

+1
Old 04-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

Nice revisit to a 10 year old convention, Seiseki. +1 for Balls.

I think a large reason to not change this is actually "tradition".

Traditionally these colors are etched in our brains and it's one less thing to worry with increased workload, detail, situational awareness that comes with a much higher fidelty simulation.

Keep it the same. No reason to change now.

S!

Gunny
Warthog and U2Nxt Cougar under t.a.r.g.e.t
Old 04-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, we're now a month or so into this game, let's change the colors of the teams!!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSA/TX-Gunslinger View Post
Nice revisit to a 10 year old convention, Seiseki. +1 for Balls.

I think a large reason to not change this is actually "tradition".

Traditionally these colors are etched in our brains and it's one less thing to worry with increased workload, detail, situational awareness that comes with a much higher fidelty simulation.

Keep it the same. No reason to change now.

S!

Gunny
Well said. Totally agree with you, Gunny.
By the way, if you look at the matter from a political point of view, surely the colour for Fascists and Nazis was black, while you know who had Red Guards and the Order of Red Banner, and celebrated Red October.
By the way, 80% of war in Europe was Blacks versus Reds.

My opinion? Keep Red and Blue as they are, please. It’s just a fine Il2 Sturmovik tradition.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats View Post
Balls. Since when was Russia ever considered Europe? I take it you arent from Europe to say something stupid like that. Who gives a stuff about the Russians when you are playing a game about the Battle of Britain which was about the British against the Germans?

I couldnt give a damn about Il2 'tradition' either. For me the good guys are always blue and the bad guys are red, simple as that.

But for me playing 'blue and red teams' is a complete put off that immediately says to me I am playing a crap computer game and not a decent simulation. In real life it was all about the Allies and the Axis.

But if you want a decent 'tradition' WW2 model soldiers were always green for the allies and blue for the germans so why not do it like that - far more sensible that some unheard of IL2 tradition.
??

red = allies
Blue = axis

why complciate things?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiseki View Post
Why not Axis and Allies?
This has always kinda bothered me, since it makes me think more about Halo, Team Fortress 2 or somekind of arcade teambased game..

Also, if you take the colours of the allied flags and roundels into account, they're blue/red/white..

While the axis has red/white/black.. So it would make more sense for the axis to be the red team, and allies be the blue team..

Please, for the sake of immersion, get rid of this whole blue/red team deal and called them axis and allies.
I can see the lawsuit clearly in front of my eyes, filed for about 45 Gazillion Dollar from the Company which hold the rights for a game called "Axis and Allies".
But why not, lets have another Northrop-Greedman style lawsuit.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nats View Post
Balls. Since when was Russia ever considered Europe? I take it you arent from Europe to say something stupid like that. Who gives a stuff about the Russians when you are playing a game about the Battle of Britain which was about the British against the Germans?

I couldnt give a damn about Il2 'tradition' either. For me the good guys are always blue and the bad guys are red, simple as that.

But for me playing 'blue and red teams' is a complete put off that immediately says to me I am playing a crap computer game and not a decent simulation. In real life it was all about the Allies and the Axis.

But if you want a decent 'tradition' WW2 model soldiers were always green for the allies and blue for the germans so why not do it like that - far more sensible that some unheard of IL2 tradition.
From wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia#Geography

Russia is also the ninth most populous nation with 143 million people.[9] It extends across the whole of northern Asia and 40% of Europe, spanning 9 time zones and incorporating a wide range of environments and landforms.

Apart from that your post is quite possibly the biggest pile of bollocks I have had the misfortune to read on this forum.