Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
Get in contact with BT and tell them you're not happy with the current contract you have with them. If you do nothing...you'll end up with nothing.
Absolutely right. If you are out of contract with them (i.e. last time you signed up to renew your package was more than 12 months ago, or possibly 18 months depending what you agreed) they'll bend over backwards to keep you. I got a brand new router and upgrade to my line/download speed from BT for free, just by asking. Also, I have gone over my 10GB limit a couple of times. They always send me a polite email telling me I've gone over my limit but explaining they are not going to charge for it.
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
Get in contact with BT and tell them you're not happy with the current contract you have with them. If you do nothing...you'll end up with nothing.
I was thinking about asking them if i can use the £10 for 1 month of unlimited downloads, so at least i can then go mad and download everything like crazy rather than pay per GB. But it whether they will let me do that then go back again to option 1 after 1 month is up.
Unfortunateley im still locked into the contract

All in all tho, its a load of unneccesary hassle, and money wasted really. money i cant really afford at the moment.

I been waiting for 7 years for this game eagerly. Even tho im super skint after being out of work for a long time after this recession hit, im determined to get the game and go hungry to do so. Luckily as its my birthday in 24 days time, my parents are getting me a GTX460 WOW!!! im so happy, its the best thing thats happened to me in an entire year to get IL2 and be able to play it. But hell, why oh why does there have to be so much extra cost and obstacles!.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike_UK View Post
I was thinking about asking them if i can use the £10 for 1 month of unlimited downloads, so at least i can then go mad and download everything like crazy rather than pay per GB. But it whether they will let me do that then go back again to option 1 after 1 month is up.
Unfortunateley im still locked into the contract

All in all tho, its a load of unneccesary hassle, and money wasted really. money i cant really afford at the moment.

I been waiting for 7 years for this game eagerly. Even tho im super skint after being out of work for a long time after this recession hit, im determined to get the game and go hungry to do so. Luckily as its my birthday in 24 days time, my parents are getting me a GTX460 WOW!!! im so happy, its the best thing thats happened to me in an entire year to get IL2 and be able to play it. But hell, why oh why does there have to be so much extra cost and obstacles!.
Sounds like your ISP is ridiculous, but again you will not have to download the whole game if you have a physical copy. Just a patch, and if I recall correctly Steam client is even on the disc (according to UBI).
Old 03-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
you must be kiddin me....so we all need to bleed because he doesnt have flat net....ahahaha
They should up the price another £50 just for you and see how you like it then. Rich boy.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchiyo View Post
Sounds like your ISP is ridiculous, but again you will not have to download the whole game if you have a physical copy. Just a patch, and if I recall correctly Steam client is even on the disc (according to UBI).
Well BT is actually very cheap, if you dont go over 10GB a month, which i never planned to.
And they have the most stable internet for gaming, comparing with my freinds connections that keep cutting out and fluctuating.

I hope i can install from disk then patch it. If so then i wont have a problem.

@Luthier can you comment on this please?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Shrike, you're the customer...if you phone up BT remind them that it is this phonecall which will determine whether you'll stay a customer with them after your contract expires or not. Do some legwork and tell them about other offers from other companies such as Sky and Virgin Media interest you. Companies hate to be reminded of how good their competitors are. Also remind them how long you've been a BT customer...not just their internet service but phone service too.

http://www.tangmerepilots.co.uk/
Old 03-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

YOUR OWN FAULT ENTIRELY FOR SIGNING UP TO A STUPID BROADBAND PACKAGE.

According to this page:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...dTDG_broadband

Option 1, which you say you are on, is:

£14 per month for the package.
£10 per month MINIMUM for line rental.

Total:
£24 per month

For a 10GB allowance with £1 per GB charge after that...

YOUR OWN FAULT.

You obviously thought it was a good deal at some point else you wouldnt have signed up for it.

You must have money to waste.

There is a package for £18 (£4 more) than what you are paing which gives a 40GB allowance.

Last edited by Gimpymoo; 03-29-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpymoo View Post
That's a little harsh me thinks. The BT Broadband Option 1 package includes telephone line rental and free calls all weekend and weekday evenings I think. He's not paying £24 just for broadband.
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

One would think also that UBI need to be reminded of their better competitors. If it wasnt for them messing Maddox games around with the Epi filter, then the Game would have been finished. On DVD. And this additional cost of downloading wouldnt have been passed onto the paying customer.

Sure they have put out the fire of the Epi filter debacle, but lets not all jump to singing praise. The fire has simply been put out, now there is the smolderring wreck to repair.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpymoo View Post

According to this page:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...dTDG_broadband

Option 1, which you say you are on, is:

£14 per month for the package.
£10 per month MINIMUM for line rental.

Total:
£24 per month

For a 10GB allowance with £1 per GB charge after that...

YOUR OWN FAULT.

You obviously thought it was a good deal at some point else you wouldnt have signed up for it.

You must have money to waste.

There is a package for £18 (£4 more) than what you are paing which gives a 40GB allowance.
Sorry but you are wrong, i looked at all the opposition for a month or 2 before choosing them, as money was absoluteley critical aspect.

When i got my contract it locked me into paying 5.99 for internet per month. 10GB limit. Which was cheaper than all other opposition, plus you get free weekend and evening phone calls. Look at it now, its much more expensive, i would have to be mad to change ISP at the moment.