Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 04-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

I purchased the collectors edition in Australia on the 30th March and my CD key was rejected too. I thought it was because Steam wasn't releasing the game until 1st April.

However I did work out the issue and got to play the game.

1. Log in to your Steam account.
2. Go to your Library and you will see the game listed.
3. Right click on the game to bring up a menu.
4. Select 'view game CD key'
5. You will find this CD key is different to the one that came with the boxed game. You can click the button on the bottom of the window to copy this CD Key to the clipboard. Paste this Key in the 'activate game' window and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozi View Post
I purchased the collectors edition in Australia on the 30th March and my CD key was rejected too. I thought it was because Steam wasn't releasing the game until 1st April.

However I did work out the issue and got to play the game.

1. Log in to your Steam account.
2. Go to your Library and you will see the game listed.
3. Right click on the game to bring up a menu.
4. Select 'view game CD key'
5. You will find this CD key is different to the one that came with the boxed game. You can click the button on the bottom of the window to copy this CD Key to the clipboard. Paste this Key in the 'activate game' window and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps.
unfortunately this is how my problems started....
Old 04-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Tvrdi

purchased today (getgamesgo.com), downloaded game, installed and verified steam account, but when I put my game key (which I received on email) steam says it not a valid code...???
Old 04-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

Exactly the same here;

Entered the Code and Steam let me download and install the Game. Try to launch it, goes through verification "Please Enter Serial Number", I enter it....Invalid Code! Please contact Customer Support?

Seems like a lot of people here have the same issue. I am based in the UK...it was released here wasn't it?

Cheers, MP
Old 04-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Sorted.

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful".

Cheers, MP
Old 04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Sorted.

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful".

Cheers, MP
i dont have games in library..nor cd key option on right of the window....
Old 04-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

"Purchased today (getgamesgo.com), downloaded game, installed and verified steam account, but when I put my game key (which I received on email) steam says it not a valid code...???"

Okay, I think I misread what you did, as I got mine through Steam, not from a retailer.

So, what you may need to do instead is;

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Add a Non-Steam Game to my Library, browse to that game, then tick the box next to it, this will add it to your library, click on Games Library, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."

Alternatively;

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Activate a product on Steam, Click Next, Enter your download Key that you got to download from Gogamer, Click Next (you should get a product activated already, or thankyou for adding, or downloading updates from Steam....or something similar?). Once that is done click on Games Library, Click on the Game IL2: Cliffs of Dover, Click on CD Key (on right of window) it should say or online activation number is (or something similar) Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."
, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."

I am guessing this, as I didn't purchase/download it from outside of Steam, but once you click on CD-Key, it should give you an online activation number, which you then Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation/download code).

I hope that helps, but other than that, it may be down to others who have downloaded outside of Steam to get involved?

Cheers, MP

Last edited by Mysticpuma; 04-03-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
"Purchased today (getgamesgo.com), downloaded game, installed and verified steam account, but when I put my game key (which I received on email) steam says it not a valid code...???"

Okay, I think I misread what you did, as I got mine through Steam, not from a retailer.

So, what you may need to do instead is;

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Add a Non-Steam Game to my Library, browse to that game, then tick the box next to it, this will add it to your library, click on Games Library, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."

Alternatively;

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Activate a product on Steam, Click Next, Enter your download Key that you got to download from Gogamer, Click Next (you should get a product activated already, or thankyou for adding, or downloading updates from Steam....or something similar?). Once that is done click on Games Library, Click on the Game IL2: Cliffs of Dover, Click on CD Key (on right of window) it should say or online activation number is (or something similar) Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."
, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."

I am guessing this, as I didn't purchase/download it from outside of Steam, but once you click on CD-Key, it should give you an online activation number, which you then Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation/download code).

I hope that helps, but other than that, it may be down to others who have downloaded outside of Steam to get involved?

Cheers, MP
your suggestion 1 - I cant even try as I didnt install COD on my disc...thers no exe file I can browse to add as non steam game.....I got one file from getgames which automatically downloaded COD. Then I got install button but once I press that button files unpacked (although that was fast unpacking), asked me to choose language version and after that Accep agreement bla bla bla (I clicked YES), then It opened Steam activation window...then when I typed a key (I received via email) it says its invalid product key. I found a download folder but nowhere COD install file just steam install but when I run it its the same as via file I got from them (and downloaded a game)....pfft

and suggestion 2 - I tried wit the same result...

Anyway thanks for trying....I sent an email to getgamesgo customer support....

PS: here is the procedure for install as they advised...I did as they asked:

Your unique activation key for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is *****-*****-*****-*****-*****

Double-click on the file you have downloaded to start the downloading process
Click the 'Start Download' button to begin downloading the program main installer files to your computer
When downloading has completed you will see the ‘Install’ button become active
Click the 'Install' button and follow the on-screen instructions
When prompted, log in to your Steam account
If you don’t have a Steam account, select the option to create a steam account and follow the on-screen instructions
When this is complete you should see the Product Activation Wizard – if it doesn’t come up automatically, run the downloaded file again and click the Install button
Type in your unique activation key and follow the on-screen instructions (this is where it says its invalid product key)
If there are any new updates these will be installed at this point
At the end you will have a shortcut to the game on your desktop and you can run it from there. Alternatively, you will see your game in ‘My Games’ on Steam and you can launch it from there if you want. The game can also be started from the windows start menu in Programs (or All Programs) - Steam
If you need any help with the unlocking process please 'contact our Orders team'

Last edited by Tvrdi; 04-03-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
your suggestion 1 - I cant even try as I didnt install COD on my disc...thers no exe file I can browse to add as non steam game.....I got one file from getgames which automatically downloaded COD. Then I got install button but once I press that button files unpacked (although that was fast unpacking), asked me to choose language version and after that Accep agreement bla bla bla (I clicked YES), then It opened Steam activation window...then when I typed a key (I received via email) it says its invalid product key. I found a download folder but nowhere COD install file just steam install but when I run it its the same as via file I got from them (and downloaded a game)....pfft
Did you run installer as admin?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzpilot View Post
Did you run installer as admin?
yep...but I got a response from customer support....they said they deactivated the key because they cancelled my payment. They said something is wrong with my credit card (in fact I purchased COD for a friend with the same card few days ago). Checked with my bank and everything is ok with my card. So its the Getgamesgo that messed everything. Although guys from customer support are fast and helpful now I need to purchase elsewhere. It seams shop is in big mess. On top of everything now as I picked the sim on direct2drive, download is much faster and everything went fine. pfft....

Last edited by Tvrdi; 04-03-2011 at 11:01 PM.