Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 03-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Approved Member

I like Frankyboys two cutdown versions of the main map as a really quick fix...
Dunkirk would require from the ground-up work but is an excellent suggestion for some tactical groundpound action as a break from the air to air (plus anti shipping) of BoB missions.
If Franky's suggestion is easy to implement (don't know) then a bit more time could be had for a Dunkirk map.

Must say that I'm really appreciative of 1c's response to the filter issue as well as this one! Thanks v much
Old 03-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Approved Member

Count me as another vote for Dunkirk! Lots of targets for Stukas, and scrambling for CAP and air superiority over the area. Furthermore, there can also be some german ground troops pushing into the place, giving allied bombers a task too.

Alternatively, there should be some material somewhere in the BEF's France campaign that tied in air support, and it might get people started on looking at what can happen ground-war wise...
Old 03-29-2011, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

So with all the historical maps for COD covered, we should focus on what make a fun multiplayer map. Not everyone cares bout if this tree is in the right historical place. I wish I could make my own maps! Like old sim city style, were you made mountains and played with geography and stuff. I know, wrong game. I can dream right?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:12 AM
speculum jockey

You've given us a Su-26. . . why don't you give us a Red Bull style air racing track. Maybe a section of the Thames with a lot fewer buildings and some pylons. Something to get us into the mood for air racing. I'd also love to see who'd win between a Su-26 and the best the RAF/Luft has to offer.

Another idea is a map with some geography to make things interesting. I'm talking about a small map with some canyons, some cliffs, mountains, valleys, and maybe even some high and low bridges that we can go through. Anything to make low-level dogfights more interesting. Basically I want a map where if you're right on a guy's tail and too focused on your cross-hairs he's going to lead you right into the side of some manner of landmass or structure.

Think of the opening of Jurassic park when they are arriving at the Island by helicopter. I want a treacherous landscape that is more dangerous than the people you're flying against.

Example:
Old 03-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Approved Member

The Dunkirk type map is an excellent idea. It would not have to be super detailed:
A few docks.
Small town.
10 ships of various sizes.
Friendly and enemy ground units including a few tanks, trucks, AA emplacements.
2 airfields to take off from.

That would be enough to do some good old fashioned "Bomb runs."
Old 03-29-2011, 03:50 AM
Approved Member

I really dream for the map editor to come out

Old 03-29-2011, 03:59 AM
Approved Member

I like the ideas about "cutting up" or cropping the larger historical map into smaller slices. That way we still get accurate scale and detail, just in a smaller portion to keep the action high as well as the realism in a fps friendly environment.

But yes flying on the huge map will be amazing.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel79 View Post
I like the ideas about "cutting up" or cropping the larger historical map into smaller slices. That way we still get accurate scale and detail, just in a smaller portion to keep the action high as well as the realism in a fps friendly environment.

But yes flying on the huge map will be amazing.
Ilya already said there is little sense in that, and for various reasons. Here's the link.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:22 AM
Approved Member

I personally like the larger maps to get into position and just loiter until you see someone and pounce. So at least 1/2 scale of the English Channel.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Approved Member

I would like to say that I agree with a Dunkirk map of some kind. That'd be great.