Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTuck View Post
two small black lines on the screen, one centre top and the other right middle.

BobTuck.
Can confirm this, small and thin lines.
The game is quite smooth on my system,getting around 22 fps in cockpit,over 30 in outside views.Attacking bombers is ok until I get within about .50 then it turns into a slideshow,especially in zoomed in view.Sure some of it is due to MY lack of optimisation though.

Edit: after playing around a bit more,I am getting 30 fps + in cockpit in the Hurri Vs G50 mission.The fps start off very low though,and get better after 10-20 seconds (textures loading or something? no idea)

Last edited by JG52Uther; 03-29-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Approved Member

External sounds for BF109, Spit and Hurricane.

I am only writing this because, for example, G.50 sounds are very very nice, also Blenheim etc. But for mentioned ones, at least for me, they sound as in original IL2.

And there is this exception that I came across at one time:
http://www.shrani.si/?2k/12M/4JnRgdW9/error.png

Cheers.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:49 AM
Approved Member

Hello Oleg and Luthier

Thankyou very much for a wonderful new Sim...

I don't own the game yet, but from watching other players videos I can see several bugs.

In the video below at 9:55, you can see a player opens the 109 cockpit at 350 km per hour. This would be impossible to do with the air pressure, and if you managed, it would tear the cockpit off the plane. The player said he had full realism on.

[video]
Old 03-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

(continued)

In the video below, the Spitfire pilot opens his canopy at 10:05 and looks out at 160 knots. This would buffet the player's head around tremendously, there is no sign of that in the video, all realism was supposed to be on.

Thankyou for your patience.

[video]

Last edited by *Buzzsaw*; 03-29-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

yesterday i tried to land on an french airfield.but i didnt know where my brakes are so i rolled over the airfield and came to a stop in a field, where the grass was higher.i recognized that the grass appeard in my cockpit as well.looked pretty strange.but its only a minor bug, which is not that important.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Approved Member

Big purple artifact on the landscape in some of the videos that have been posted.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

- heavy FPS drop when closing in to He111 plane
- black lines on water (looks like there's a tear in the mesh between rectangular water patches) (ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 with 500 MB VRAM, 10.4 Catalyst version with all options set on performance)
- missing 87 0815 Hawkindge Attack_ru.briefing (only russian one) from the german campaign
- game not correctly saving/loading the Realism/Aircraft Switching settings (was setting them all off, then after entering the training first mission, the first 5 of then were set back to on)
- missing Force Feedback effects (with FF set on 1 in conf.ini, there was no FF effect on firing guns for example) (MSFF2 joystick)
- a little black vertical line that appear on all the test areas of the screen (cursor artefact?!!)

Last edited by adonys; 03-29-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

here is what i have found:
-On low and very low objects details, there is a second green handgrip that appear on the cockpit. all the time.
-there is always a little black vertical line that appear on the right area of the screen, where the text "FLAPS, UNDERCARRIAGE, etc.. " i think this black line is an little problem with the text function. this problem occurs equally with the text that appear from the radio subtitles on the top of the screen. when a text appear, some time after, this little black vertical line appear equally.
-when approaching a group of bombers, i have enormous lack of fps when i'm under 300meters approximately.
-there is no collisions with all the trees on the ground.
-when using the record video from the show replay track, the video include a phantom of the cockpit, always it's first position. so the record video function is not usable.
tested with differents codecs. the problem always occurs.
-some replays works perfectly, and some freezes after some times. i have ont of the mission 3 that freezes after 3mn54s. i just do a gentle turn at 30° and the game start to slow down it's fps , so with in next 3 or 4 seconds le game show 0,5 or 0,25fps then seems to be entirely freezed. but if i hit escape key, i return to the replay menu without problems.
but these replays are never been visible entirely, the crashes occurs always at the same time. if you want, tell me and i send you this replay (5Mb approximately).
--when modifying the time of day on the FMB, the mission start always at 23h59 except for 9h00 and 12h00.
-when modifiying the graphics settings and a message tell me to restart the game to set the new parameters, the game close, then crahes and is not able to restart automatically. i must click on the error message and restart manually th game. not very important, but seems to be strange.

My specs:
Motherboard gigabyte P55A UD4, Core I5 750 OC to 3,36Ghz 8Gb of DDR3 PC1600 memory, Geforce GTX 580 1,5Gb drivers nvidia 266.58, windows 7 64bits home premium.
SSD Crucial C300 64Gb, HDD 1To hitachi/IBM.
Case Antec P182, Power supply Antec truepower 750w bronze.
Palo CH Pooducts Pro pedals, Sidewinder FFB2

Last edited by shane; 03-29-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
i recognized that the grass appeard in my cockpit as well.looked pretty strange.but its only a minor bug, which is not that important.
That's not a bug - it's the way 3D rendering works. I think it would be hard (and useless) to make dynamic grass.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

I also have the black lines. Also black lines from exploding FLAK.

Using Nvidia 267.31 drivers.

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.
Closed Thread