Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

We don't know yet
- if the filter will stay for the western version (there is a possibility Ubi decides to take it out or make it optional if that is feasible technically)
- what is the real performance loss from this filter. Luthier said 10 fps on low end machines, but given the track record on communications, sorry, I have my doubt. some already report a loss of about 2-4 fps http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19604 , some say it's more (see mysticpuma thread)

There is obviously some work to be done about something else than the filter.

Oh, and I do not see what gain Ubi would have to trash the game. If it doesn't sell well, it's Ubi loss too.

Last edited by Vevster; 03-28-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

I agree with Bliss in every way!

See you all in the skies,

Homuth
Old 03-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

They had two choices, release the game in this state OR not release it at all, EVER! Which one would you rather have?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
They had two choices, release the game in this state OR not release it at all, EVER! Which one would you rather have?
We dont know that Addman, I've not heard that anywhere else.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Or release it llater, after optimization.

Why would that not be a choice?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Sternjaeger

I would really appreciate if the forum moderators gave a massive swipe to all this nonsense, can we hear from one of you mods on this subject please?!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vevster View Post
Or release it llater, after optimization.

Why would that not be a choice?
Budget. Money. Pesos. Rupies, Rubles, euros, dollars. Run out. Need fresh cash. Oleg's interview of 2009 said that they needed to finish and publish the game before December 2010.

Not difficult to understand, unless you live in an ideal world where people work for free, just for the pleasure of it.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
We dont know that Addman, I've not heard that anywhere else.
That's just it! isn't it? Everybody's keep "hearing things" and the poop fan turns on full speed. Anywho, games get rushed when money is tight, fact! If it wasn't why didn't they release the game like 2 years ago if they just wanted a quick buck?

Question still remains, unfinished game or no game at all, what's your preference?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

I really don't want to get entangled in this trench war that is being fought here over the last couple of days, but why is no one trying to cover the middle ground?

We are in a rather unique situation here that has shown its ugly face now.

This is a niche market with a target audicence mostly well educated on the subject and 1C is the only company covering it. The result is a highly demanding yet faithful customer base that needs to be handled with care.

It has displayed an enormous amount of patience while waiting for the release of this new game, which is an undeniable fact, relying heavily on the communication with the head of development. That way, they felt very close to the development process while not actually knowing a lot about what was really going on. Except for the latter half of last year, the hard evidences (screens etc.) have been very scarce and not in line with the prospect of future glory that should be expected of CoD as announced by the dev team.

The weeks before release then were marked by announcments that crucial features wouldn't make the release and that it is not foreseeable when they will be implemented in a functional form.

Still faithful our Russian friends have ventured off into the unknown and bought the game only to find out that it just doesn't work properly and falls short in a number of crucial ways.

So here we are now. A community deeply shaken by what has happened and most of us are not sure what to make of the situation. Of course, there are the "I told you" types, rightfully pointing out that the lack of answers to questions asking for hard facts made this whole release fishy and the fanboys who will do no matter what to protect their beloved developer from any possible harm, also rightful in their doing. Yet neither position will get us out of the current misery.

What is needed now is to calm down, all of us, and to invite the head of development to a "round table" for a honest assessment of the situation.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Question still remains, unfinished game or no game at all, what's your preference?
Unfinished but playable game.
And print on the box 'This game is unfinished'

I ask you, when did you realise that this game is 'unfinished' (read unplayable)?
Answer: AFTER it was released.
Maybe they had to rush it, I don't mind. I just can't understand why someone haven't stated clearly before release that the game is unfinished, barely runs, is basically a beta.

If it was clear that you're going to buy a beta, it would be a totally different story.