Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:54 AM
71st_Mastiff

ok looking much better so a couple of patches and were go for green. Thank you for the video, still on the fence. But kind of looking to humpty dumpty to the go side.
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 03-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Approved Member

Impressive I must say. Should be further optimized and running alot smoother by the time the US release is around. Can't wait!
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 03-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Well, not quite.

I've never heard of either a byoofighter or a blenhyme.

Does he mean a beaufighter and a blenheim?

Bloody yanks.
hah his accent is not particularly strong. I suspect that he has simply only ever read these names and never heard them pronounced. If you are unaware of French or German phonetics, the rules of English would actually give you something like Byoo and Hyme.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

Even the outdoor sounds are sweet, this is very nice.
Good review.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:07 AM
Registered Member

Hey guys, I'd like to thank you for watching the video. I've been uploading more videos of just random raw footage of the game. As for the mispronouncing of the aircraft names...well I only have my ignorance to blame for that. But as for my "prissy lisp voice" well I guess I will have to talk to my voice teacher at Julliard about that. With a minor in vocal performance at Julliard I thought I would have gotten rid of that lisp..damn, guess not.

Well whether you want to make fun of me for trying to help the community out or not, the video is there for you to watch. Enjoy.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Global Moderator

The background music is too loud and distracting.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChwyNiblet View Post
Hey guys, I'd like to thank you for watching the video. I've been uploading more videos of just random raw footage of the game. As for the mispronouncing of the aircraft names...well I only have my ignorance to blame for that. But as for my "prissy lisp voice" well I guess I will have to talk to my voice teacher at Julliard about that. With a minor in vocal performance at Julliard I thought I would have gotten rid of that lisp..damn, guess not.

Well whether you want to make fun of me for trying to help the community out or not, the video is there for you to watch. Enjoy.

Don't worry it was an excellent video, only hint i would give for the next one would be to turn down the ingame sound if your commenting
Old 03-28-2011, 02:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
As for the mispronouncing of the aircraft names...well I only have my ignorance to blame for that. But as for my "prissy lisp voice" well I guess I will have to talk to my voice teacher at Julliard about that. With a minor in vocal performance at Julliard I thought I would have gotten rid of that lisp..damn, guess not.
They are running low on things to complain about.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

Btw irrespective of my criticism of the game - thank you very much for uploading these videos. Great to hear the commentary!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Communist View Post
hah his accent is not particularly strong. I suspect that he has simply only ever read these names and never heard them pronounced. If you are unaware of French or German phonetics, the rules of English would actually give you something like Byoo and Hyme.
In fact german phonetics do actually give you something like hyme pretty much exactly.
It seems like the "yank" instinctivly got right what generations of english speakers have misspronounced ignorantly.

Really classy guys btw.
Beeing unbelievably rude and dismissive towards someone giving you a free launch...

*rant off*

Thanks for the vid m8, much appreciated.