Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daystar
2 questions: The combat dialogue keeps saying "Has died rot Zombies 12" and other gramatical errors of the like. Will this be corrected (Sorry, I have an overzealous gammatical sense)

Second question: How will creature alternates/upgrades be handled? Eg, there is Snake -> Royal Snake. Is it that you can buy the snake, and you can buy the Royal Snake for more, or do you have to buy the Snake, then upgrade it at a special building?
1). Certainly, after the game will be localized by european/US publishers Nobilis/Atari, there won't be any grammatical mistakes.
2). You won't be able to upgrade creatures, but you can hire some types of them or be awarded with. Some creatures has 3-4 type, e.g. The Spiders can be Poisonous, Cave, Cursed and Fire. The exclusion is made for the Priests, who can be upgraded to the Inquisitors by a player, if he learns the corresponding skill.

Thank you for your questions.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Registered Member

1 Im intrested in som info on how you intend to incorperate rts in this game?

2 If you plan to have hot seat how is it gona be posibel in a rts game ?

As for SF dont you guys choose whos youre publisher is? Oh well ill dropp it, you know what people think.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by znork
1 Im intrested in som info on how you intend to incorperate rts in this game?

2 If you plan to have hot seat how is it gona be posibel in a rts game ?

As for SF dont you guys choose whos youre publisher is? Oh well ill dropp it, you know what people think.
Well, you know, King's Bounty:The Legend isn't a RTS game.
King’s Bounty: The Legend is a role-playing game with turn-based tactical combats. The main hero explores the world in real time mode. His character reveals as he improves skills, communicates with NPCs and accomplishes quests – just like in any other classical RPG. Speaking about the adventures - this game is a bit like Fallout. The player has the opportunity to travel around the world, deal with different characters, gather the resources and develop his skills.
When collision with enemy occurs the game becomes similar to Heroes of Might and Magic and even more similar to its ancestor – King’s Bounty with action points. The turn-based battles are held in special arenas.

As for our publisher, we've chosen him. It is Nobilis in Europe and Atari in USA.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny
Priests, who can be upgraded to the Inquisitors...
One reason why some Heroes fans didn't like Ubi's H5 was the fact that Nival copied too much from Warhammer, which made the game partly unoriginal.

Inquisitors were never part of the Heroes universe, and their use in H5, together with other Warhammer units, were the cause of many flamed threads on the Heroes forums.

As the Heroes fans disappointed in H5 are maybe the main group of gamers looking very much forward to KB, are you planning to disappoint them as well, or on the contrary - trying to avoid the use of these Warhammer units (like the Inquisitor)?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Approved Member

Zamolxis, it is important to remember that creatures from Warhammer were all made up, and none of them had any historical or mythical precedence. Inquisitors were not the Churches Gestapo a long time ago, that was all just in people's head because they were having psychic visions of modern day Warhammer.

Anyway, thanks for all the news, its so good to be able to talk to designers!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

Here we go again...

Daystar (and I hope 1C pays attention also), you can't just throw a name which meant sth in history in the game, and say it's fantasy unrelated to history.

You can't create a good race - let's call it "Nazi" - and an evil race - let's call it "Jews", and tell the public is pure fantasy and expect them to digest it.

You can't put in the game an Angel without wings, a Centaur with the body of a chicken, a Cyclop with 2 eyes and so on. Any name you use binds you to a certain representation.

There are 2 reasons both Nival & 1C don't see what's wrong with inquisitors:

1. Russia was never touched by the Inquisition, especially in its most cruel form, and both developers are Russian (and unfortunately both Warhammer fans it seems). So the Inquisition didn't leave a trauma in people's mind there, like the holocaust among the Jews. And on forums this doesn't get much reaction, because for example Americans also didn't have to deal with it much - but it would be a totally different story if the game would have Ku Klux Klan-like creatures portraiting Priest's upgrade.

2. People tend to forget. We're all still sensitive to the use of Nazi or Klan symbols, because their crimes are less than 100 years old. But we all forgot (or don't care anymore) of what the Inquisition did in the previous centuries.

I am a religious person, and the Inquisition did to the people sharing my believes same thing as the Nazis did to the Jews. I am therefore going to support or protest against the game, buy or not buy the game, depending on 1C's choice of removing the Inquisitors from the game.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

@Zamolxis -> You realize that Zamolxis was a pagan! god?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

I totally understand your veiw point. I really don't have anything to counter that with, so I won't try. However, this might work for you: Try thinking about Inquisitors not as just units, but as a way of reminding people about the past, which might help them never repeat the terrors from before.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krs
@Zamolxis -> You realize that Zamolxis was a pagan! god?
I never said I'm a fanatic Christian. I reject anything that leads to fanaticism (hence my rejection towards inquisitors). For the same reason maybe I also dislike the pejorative term "pagan". Zamolxis belongs to the religion of my ancestors, and I respect that. I don't consider him as a real god (in which case I wouldn't use it as a user name), but more like a mythic figure.

@Daystar: Thanks for your reply. It's a way more friendlier and open for dialogue one, then what I got on a Heroes forum (some catholic with a "rot in hell you pagans!" attitude, trying to convince me of all the good things inquisition did, or a non-believer who said he would have all religious people like me burned alive). I don't mind the use of the inquisitor per se, but the way it is used, as an upgrade to Priest. For my taste I wouldn't bother if it would be the result of a fanatic priest, possesed by a demon (some kind of cross-creature between alignments), but I see why that might look offensive for some conservative catholics, hence my request to avoid using it at all.

They could have gone for Priest of Light (creature belonging to the Might & Magic universe, unlike Warhammer's inquisitor). Or - if the creature indeed has a lot of powers - Prophet (a more suitable upgrade to a priest, blessed by god with supernatural powers). Both choices would have been unoffensive for any religion, unlike this one, which symbolizes the oppresion of a still pretty powerful church against all others.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

So zam dosent this smell like the good old days? You ranting about names and me leading the charge against StarForce.

Oh well some things never change!