Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

Hi all!

I started a hard warrior, because I basically rampaged through The Legend on normal difficulty, so I thought I need some challange. Well, I got it. I got so much I'm stucked

I completeley cleared the starting island, Scarlet Wind, and Bolo, and almost everything at Rusty Anchor. But I don't stand a chance at Verona, I totally got pwned there. So I went back to Rusty, sacrificed my army for a new navigation chart, but useless, because a) don't have enough money to fully refill my army b) I got pwned at those other two islands too...

I clearly do something wrong, because while you guys doing 7-day-no loss runs on impossible, I'm happy if I have the half of the army after a battle which I've had before.

I'm level 14, my army:
-2 evil beholders, so that i can put to sleep two stacks of units
- royal snakes
- ancient bears
- polar bears
Old 04-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

Well, I've said it many times over now: The hardest part of the game is the (Rusty/Early Verona) part of the game. You will find many people who got stuck in just that area. Search around a bit for more detailed advice, but here's a few quick tips:

1) Get the green dragon from Rusty Anchor
2) Pillage like mad. Sneak around enemies and take the loot near them, especially on verona which is very large and heavily laden with goodies.
3) Make sure you are using a good, generally high level, army. (Note, if you are losing a lot of units against slightly stronger foes, you are either in need of some better tactics, or in need of a better army.)
Old 04-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivra View Post
The focus was on doing a quick battle. I only tested it. Since I want to dig every battle in my games, I agree that it needs to be slowed down so that to does not end too quickly - but that is easy with archdemons since they are the quickest unit in the game. In terms of the quickest possible battle (not including bosses) I cannot think of a quicker strategy. Armageddon + Time Back is very efficient.

I do not think it will work with a single red dragon. The reason is that a mage with a high int does too much damage even with Armageddon 1 (they have no resistance against astral damage). The dragon will die and the battle is over. But using a single red dragon and casting spells like Death Star and Geyser might work. The reason I bring a full stack of archdemons when using the Armageddon strategy is that almost half of the stack dies from friendly fire In theory any stack will do as long as it survives the armageddon and the enemy attacks. It might even be doable using peasants!
Yes, armageddon is clearly what I was looking for in regards to a fast battle. Unfortunately the loss of mana after the battle does hurt the strategy somewhat with regards to really smooth and fast.

Perhaps... just perhaps a rage heavy mage can do it? Mana accelerator + calm rage = armageddon? Hopefully have enough reserve mana for time back too.

Then the rest time between battles might not be too bad.

With hero battles, I sometimes cannot get all the chests because it is too dangerous, especially if the enemy hero casts offensive spells.

I think once you get the key spells and runes, you don't "really" need chests / money.

That said, have you considered the gift mod pack? I believe I could get 70% astral resistance right now with the warrior with the crown and ghost armor. I can also get it with my mage game (woohoo, maybe I should go do that!).