Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

I just finished reading the whole thing (google translated) and all i can say to the team is "Thank you, you guys rock".
It seems they managed to include a lot of what various people have asked and also make it optional, so that everyone will be happy.

Imagine entering clouds and when you get out of them your canopy is all fogged up. You turn on the de-icing system, but before it manages to clear it up, BANG, you get bounced. You break hard and dive back into the clouds to escape and determine the amount of damage you received. All seems to work well but the screen goes darker gradually, you take a look at the lower right part of your BF109 cockpit and you see the oxygen pressure is almost zero. That lucky guy must have hit your oxygen lines with his hail of .303 rounds. As you monitor your engine for signs of carburetor icing you decide to remain in cloud cover for a few seconds more, then dive fast below 3km/10000ft to make sure you don't pass out from lack of oxygen. It's time to head back to Abeville.

In the time span of less than a minute we have an environmental effect resulting in a debilitating state, pilot action to remedy that, surprise attack as a result of that action distracting the pilot, use of the environment to escape, damage that is not immediately visible nor crippling to the airframe, but which will still creep up to kill you if you don't expect it and know what to look for, plus a Hurricane scoring a mission kill with its puny .303s, all in all a more "like the books we used to read" experience thanks to the new features. Plus, the lower caliber guns are no longer useless when there's lot's of small, unarmored things to break like hydraylic lines and such.

Somebody stop me, strap me to a psychiatrist's bed and dress me in a straightjacket, because i can't contain myself over how awesome all this new stuff is
Old 02-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Very nice But wasn't this meant to be part of last weeks update....?
Old 02-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

J'ai alors le droit à ma première grosse surprise, Roman s'occupe de démarrer le Stuka et ses systèmes via la souris en cliquant à droite à gauche !!! C'est la première grosse nouveauté, le cockpit est cliquable !!!

Cockpit cliquable... ZOMG

Indeed the internal structure is modeled taking into account the damage done by the shell can be very precise.
- What systems of the aircraft will be modeled in the game? "(Fuel, pneumatic, hydraulic, oil, brakes ...)
RD: Anyone you just list the will. And more!
Not only will they modeled but they can also be damaged, wear out if you ever made improper use and they assign themselves to one another.
For example, the loss of the hydraulic pump to an engine failure will prevent you from leaving a train operated hydraulically! Or abused the power system will degrade the use of all instruments. And if you try to leave the flaps pneumatically operated with a damaged engine (pistons HS) you will lose pressure in the brake system etc etc ... ..

WOW! :O

Hope Ubisoft not to be the provider :I

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa

Last edited by Qpassa; 02-26-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

kendo thnks!

nice He111, first time I see this from Storm Of War

and the sound is very nice
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 02-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Hello Oleg,

I just read the interview of you that Snake pusblished on C6. Thanks to him for that! Thanks to you and your team as well for receiving and answering him so kindly!

So the cockpit will be clickable as an option. The best choice you made there imo.
I have a question that comes along with that new data : what about touchscreens ? I think it could be amazing if one were able to use them along with a track IR : glance at your dashboard while dogfighting and clik the (right) button. May i suggest to keep a separate use for the Hotas features ?

thx again
Old 02-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Will be an official Spanish translation of the game?
Thanks

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 02-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Oh my god, from what i could understood i just wet my pants :O,thank you and i cant wait to read the full translation, thanks everyone
Old 02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Great interview, a lot of new things that we never had before on simulator are announced here that will be present.
Would had liked more explanation on the FMB, third party addons, and campaigns. The last two don't say anything new, on the FMB it says it will be similar to the one of IL-2, which i think it's GREAT, and have a lot of new features, but don't explain and shows anything of them.

The clickable cockpits, the aircraft systems modeled, and the improved damage and phisics modeled, make this so far the best update, i beleive.

Thanks to all involved on the interview!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

Default GJ Oleg and nice interview :P

One word AMAZING.

Thanks for making this game, is everything still on track for a fall 2010 release , we want you at E3 this year Oleg, spawning videos of epic dogfights

Keep up the great work.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by virre89 View Post
One word AMAZING.

Thanks for making this game, is everything still on track for a fall 2010 release , we want you at E3 this year Oleg, spawning videos of epic dogfights

Keep up the great work.
At the moment I don't know about my visit at E3. Maybe. However I personally don't think that it is neccessary really for introduction of the flight sim of that level
Of course the meetings alive is way better, that online.... but it is for limitied amount of people. Probably would be better to organize special events with competitions
Closed Thread