Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 11-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Royal Snakes are great, and I have boots with boost to all snakes, so it's harde to say bye bye to them.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

Picked the light blue one, he's the cutest plus I am using a black dragon.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Because the paladin phantoms act as a second paladin stack in the army and with multiple phantoms you can do multiple resurrections.
Yes, I'm quite aware of what the spell Phantom does.

Your no-loss strategy though is a reactive one and much harder to achieve. The better route is to not take losses in the first place and thus not need multiple resurrections.

This is achieved with numerous "throwaway" targets like Phantomed Royal Griffons and their Heavenly Guard. It's much easier to avoid losses when you have 3 stacks you care less about that you can put in front of anything that would do you any damage. Contrast that with your strategy of taking whatever damage is dished out and then having to line up all your wounded units around slow moving paladins, using the paladin's turn and hoping you have enough in the stack to rez for more health than the damage you took.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granamyr View Post
Yes, I'm quite aware of what the spell Phantom does.

Your no-loss strategy though is a reactive one and much harder to achieve. The better route is to not take losses in the first place and thus not need multiple resurrections.

This is achieved with numerous "throwaway" targets like Phantomed Royal Griffons and their Heavenly Guard. It's much easier to avoid losses when you have 3 stacks you care less about that you can put in front of anything that would do you any damage. Contrast that with your strategy of taking whatever damage is dished out and then having to line up all your wounded units around slow moving paladins, using the paladin's turn and hoping you have enough in the stack to rez for more health than the damage you took.

And does it help against geyser?? or allways does it attract enemy ? simply answer is NO
Old 11-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
And does it help against geyser?? or allways does it attract enemy ? simply answer is NO
You're seriously asking this? No unit helps against Geyser and since when is that the test of a valid phantom strategy? No unit always attracts enemies either? How are you dreaming up these questions?

Look, my army right now is Royal Griffons, Paladins, Inquisitors, Royal Snakes and Orc Shamans. 2 of those units can rez and I have the rez spell....that is more than enough rezzing. Suggesting that phantoming Paladins as a valid strategy because it will provide meager protection in the extremely rare situation where you're fighting an enemy hero that casts Geyser is ludicrous. There is no strategy that works every time....the best ones are those that work the majority of the time. Yours and DGDobrev's just ain't that.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Do you think i alyways phantom paladins? No, i only do it in extreme fights like you said.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

Green dragon for treasure hunting right from the start!

Level 29 Paladin on hard, 426 chests opened, over 800K in the bank.

I have level 3 Resurrect since a couple of levels already, I never loose any unit anymore... so I don't know what to do with all the money! I'm piling the money to buy some runes later if need be.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
You're seriously asking this? No unit helps against Geyser and since when is that the test of a valid phantom strategy? No unit always attracts enemies either? How are you dreaming up these questions?

Look, my army right now is Royal Griffons, Paladins, Inquisitors, Royal Snakes and Orc Shamans. 2 of those units can rez and I have the rez spell....that is more than enough rezzing. Suggesting that phantoming Paladins as a valid strategy because it will provide meager protection in the extremely rare situation where you're fighting an enemy hero that casts Geyser is ludicrous. There is no strategy that works every time....the best ones are those that work the majority of the time. Yours and DGDobrev's just ain't that.
I totally agree with what you say but we may have to simply accept that there are 2 schools of thought here. I believe you and I would be of the opinion that Attack is better than Defense while I believe DGD and Elwin are of the notion that Defense is better than Attack. A strategy that puts its main focus at rezz is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

My take on things has always been focusing on killing faster, not dying slower. Reminds me of my old Diablo II manual (went something like): "Barbarians prefer two-handed weapons over shields for if you kill all of your enemies, what is there left to block?"
Old 12-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post
Green dragon for treasure hunting right from the start!

Level 29 Paladin on hard, 426 chests opened, over 800K in the bank.

I have level 3 Resurrect since a couple of levels already, I never loose any unit anymore... so I don't know what to do with all the money! I'm piling the money to buy some runes later if need be.
I think it is better to get Treasure Hunt skill at dragon level 2, and one of the harder to get skills, like mana accelerator, or ball lightning, early. More efficient use of dragon, and you'll level it up more too!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

I think what Elwin was trying to point out was that phantom paladins can mitigate a hero's geysers (taking that all of your units can benefit from the phantom's resurrect - bit of a tricky business).

I think sticking strictly to either school of thought is silly, felxibility is the key and I do a bit of both, depends what the enemy/situations is. Usually I move my Royal Griffins halfway up the field then spawn their phantoms, then move the phantoms in front of the enemy and summon guards, my original griffins then summon guards, end result, three throwaway units and the phantom summoned guards have no duration. Then my paladin use their second wind to get either my original phantoms or griffins into action turn 1. When the battle turns into mop up I start using phantom on my paladins to recoup any rear losses I may have from enemy archers that actually managed to find a chance to fire at my archers. Against a geyser using hero I may change my tactics and start the phantom paladins earlier to minimise geyser losses.

Offense and defense can work together, hit them hard, hit them fast then when the enemy is on their knees recoup your losses.