Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmehytte View Post
We are discussing what we incentive we will have for pre-ordering the game now on GamersGate. Will keep you updated

Now we have it confirmed. A 10% pre-order discount on GamersGate!
And we also offer a 24hour pre-load on the game. Not to forget 250 extra BlueCoins, our virtual currency!
Thank you helmehytte! Preordered. I look forward to downloading the game on the 19th. Next Thursday...

The deal is better or worse depending on where you live and what currency you are expected to pay in. Us Australians are being asked to pay in US dollars, which means that comparatively we are getting the game very cheaply. US $36 equals Aus $38 at the moment. For comparison, for me, if the price had been in pounds it would be $48 and in euros $58.

So all you Aussies lurking hereabouts - don't think about torrenting the game. I'm sure you'll agree with me that people would buy a lot more games if they were around $40 instead of around $100.

And for anyone who is new to Gamersgate or pay and download services in general, I have been using Gamersgate for 2-3 years and I've bought about 6 games from them. Never had a single problem. You can pay using their paynova thing on their browser, which takes all of 3-4 minutes, and then usually I start downloading the game 5 minutes after that. It makes buying games ALMOST as easy as torrenting them.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb View Post
edit: never figured out what happens to the orders that already paid the full pre-order price when this happens. maybe you get refunded the difference in blue coins. I have so many blue coin transactions on my account recently I can't tell. anyone?
we will payback the difference in either BlueCoins or cash. its just for those persons to send us a mail with their order id. We are currently tracking those who did and fixing now.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Thank you helmehytte! Preordered. I look forward to downloading the game on the 19th. Next Thursday...

The deal is better or worse depending on where you live and what currency you are expected to pay in. Us Australians are being asked to pay in US dollars, which means that comparatively we are getting the game very cheaply. US $36 equals Aus $38 at the moment. For comparison, for me, if the price had been in pounds it would be $48 and in euros $58.

So all you Aussies lurking hereabouts - don't think about torrenting the game. I'm sure you'll agree with me that people would buy a lot more games if they were around $40 instead of around $100.

And for anyone who is new to Gamersgate or pay and download services in general, I have been using Gamersgate for 2-3 years and I've bought about 6 games from them. Never had a single problem. You can pay using their paynova thing on their browser, which takes all of 3-4 minutes, and then usually I start downloading the game 5 minutes after that. It makes buying games ALMOST as easy as torrenting them.

Problem for me is:

1) I'm on dial-up
2) I don't trust any online transaction that doesn't involve PayPal
3) I'd rather have the hard copy of the game with nice DVD and manual than an ugly burnt DVD with 'KB: AP' written on it with texta...
Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

1. You can't download 2 gig on dialup, but you can d/l at a friend's house or whatever and burn onto dvd.
2. Gamersgate does give you the option of using paypal. Personally I use their paynova browser thingy.
3. With KB:TL I happily played the d/l version and only just recently obtained the DVD version for $20 from ebay. Now it's sitting on the shelf, never having been used (except to check that the drive will read it). You will be able to get a boxed copy later.

So the only problem is downloading it, but you said you'd torrent it if there wasn't a physical release, so how were you going to download that?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Yes you can use Paypal on GamersGate as well. We are looking into some other solutions as well. Like Googles Checkout, which I think is neat.

To add to the pre-order offer we have up now, everyone that have purchased the first game on GamersGate, will get an extra 1500 BlueCoins if they pre-order the game on our site.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
1. You can't download 2 gig on dialup, but you can d/l at a friend's house or whatever and burn onto dvd.
2. Gamersgate does give you the option of using paypal. Personally I use their paynova browser thingy.
3. With KB:TL I happily played the d/l version and only just recently obtained the DVD version for $20 from ebay. Now it's sitting on the shelf, never having been used (except to check that the drive will read it). You will be able to get a boxed copy later.

So the only problem is downloading it, but you said you'd torrent it if there wasn't a physical release, so how were you going to download that?
I'd go to an internet cafe, but it's a hassle to download stuff there as the speeds are not that fast, the point is, I'd rather NOT have to DL the pirated version, but since they won't be releasing it in physical form I have no choice.
That will show them not to be stupid for not releasing a physical copy of the game when they'd had all this time to prepare and do so.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

No pirate talk here, first and last warning
Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmehytte View Post
we will payback the difference in either BlueCoins or cash. its just for those persons to send us a mail with their order id. We are currently tracking those who did and fixing now.
OK. great!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

What is with Steam?

You can't resell it, but personally i like and trust Steam much more than any other download-portal.

KB:KL is available on Steam, so will KB:AP be too?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabenbringer View Post
What is with Steam?

You can't resell it, but personally i like and trust Steam much more than any other download-portal.

KB:KL is available on Steam, so will KB:AP be too?
It will be also released on Steam, probably also on the 20th Nov.