Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 PM
fox3

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Yep, 7 mill and 8 years was clearly not enough.

+1
Old 04-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Falstaff

Bricks said (of JG56Uther's much -paraded Ignore List) :

>>Cool.

The ignore-list makes the game better? <<

Old 04-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

Rise of flight must really be hurting for players.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Actually RoF is fun, in spite of its faults, but it is also a very small community of players and is teetering on the edge of the financial abyss, which is why I decided to support the genre and start playing it again.

But it's no IL2 and never will be.

*Ducks for cover and waits for fanboys to come diving out of the sun... at 90mph*

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 04-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
Actually RoF is fun, in spite of its faults, but it is also a very small community of players and is teetering on the edge of the financial abyss, which is why I decided to support the genre and start playing it again.

But it's no IL2 and never will be.

*Ducks for cover and waits for fanboys to come diving out of the sun... at 90mph*

I agree with everything you said EL. I did the same thing for 2 years, paying for a high end MP server, and buying every single thing they bought. But eventually, when you are told the most glaring issues in the game aren't going to be fixed, the ones that would turn that small community into a large one, you ultimately give up on it.

I believe the last straw was the selling of gauges that should be part of the planes in the 1st place - stuff like compasses, fuel gauges, gun sights, etc. for your plane. You soon realize that the broken parts of the game were never to be fixed. The master browser still is a POS failing all the time. The object limitations are the same. The amount of objects you have in a mission are the same. Not a single object added to the ME to make it more immersive, but they can model a streamer or a pistol to sell. You blow up a train in MP the server lags all over the place (3 year problem now) but they model different color streamers to sell.

If they fix these problems, I'll buy everything. But all I ever see over there is more stuff to buy while the major glaring problems never get addressed.

But in the end, it is fun to FPS it a bit in the sky. But you soon realize how boring that becomes as well.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Bricks said (of JG56Uther's much -paraded Ignore List) :

>>Cool.

The ignore-list makes the game better? <<

The ignore list is like a pair of rose colored tinted glasses. It makes you see this ugly mess of a world beautiful and happy....The ugly mess still blows, you just pretend what you see through your tinted glasses is reality.

....plus you miss half the fun.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit

Last edited by Jaws2002; 04-21-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Falstaff

Absolutely.

It's a bit like the kid at school constantly coming up to tell you they're ignoring you, waving a big placard saying 'I am ignoring you'.

It generally raises a wry smile of indulgence.

What slightly surprises me over the years is that you'd expect the complainers/whiners/critics (I am one) to post more, since they are not busy playing the game.

But in this case, on this forum, many of the self-styled anti-whiners post more frequently, or at least as frequently, as those who have no interest in playing the game as it stands...wchich suggests they're also not playing it a whole bunch either.

If it's so great, why aren't they playing it more instead of posting here? Or waving placards/Ignore Lists

It speaks volumes.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaurens View Post
at 90mph*
rotfl
Old 04-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
It speaks volumes.
Not really

One just has to realize, that during the week a lot of us are at work.. And during our breaks we can web in and read and post.. and our employers don't mind. Where as the employer does mind if you installed unapproved software (games) on your work PC followed by you ducking and weaving back and forth in your chair like your having a stroke with the sound of gun fire echoing down the hall.

Granted the out of work kid-os living in moms basement may not be able to relate, but who cares what they think anyways?
Old 04-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Yep, 7 mill and 8 years was clearly not enough.
I guess not.
Closed Thread