Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

well if this does well in the box office . . .

lucas or other producers may consider doing others . . . like condor legion or luftwaffe eastern front or japanese pilots . . .

heck maybe they will do something on VVS women . . .

or what if it does well and suddenly WW 2 sims becomes the in thing for game companies . . .
Old 11-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

A VVS females movie just begs to be made. Be a cold day in Hell before you see one about the lufties or the Japanese though.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Approved Member

Yep, can't be heroic and evil at the same time.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
A VVS females movie just begs to be made. Be a cold day in Hell before you see one about the lufties or the Japanese though.
I think letters from Iwo Jima and Che were two good examples that quality movies on "uncomfortable" subjects can still be made.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

That is correct imo also, but a independent director, like Eastwood.

I don't think that those 2 Eastwood movies Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima were box office hits comparable to, yuck, Pearl Harbor.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

It is possible to make good WWII movies showing the german side.

Das Boot, Stalingrad, Cross of Iron are good examples for this.

You only need a good Storywriter, what is hard to get in modern times with its sequals, prequals and its only good/bad guy themes.

As a story you could take and old pilot who was on war from the beginning of his carreer and is delusioned and a young inexperienced, overmotivated and from propaganda blinded pilot. That all around late43/early1944 where the bomber raids became more and more massive and the situation for the luftis became more desperate and disadvantaged. Just a movie about normal people who try to survive in a war that lost all barriers.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
That is correct imo also, but a independent director, like Eastwood.

I don't think that those 2 Eastwood movies Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima were box office hits comparable to, yuck, Pearl Harbor.
that's probably the mentality that Hollywood needs to drop, all in all Letters from Iwo Jima did quite good
http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2006/LFIJM.php

things didn't go as well for Che, but it has to be said it had an appalling distribution.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Haha i loved Pearl Harbour! Was laughing for 2h nonstop!
Everyone is awake in the morning, the kids are playing baseball surrounded by american flags, the women are up taking care of the laundry, everyone is up with the rising sun to embrace the american way of living. The US Navy and airforce however are deep asleep and wake up with the first bombs! Why were they not out and doing laundry or playing baseball of doing laundry like the rest, that way the would have been alerted in time like everyone else...
Old 11-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

The "german side" will never be glorified in "normal" movies, because axis lost the war and all the NSDAP "behaviour"...

Live with that... It's one of the biggest "wrong sides" of human history.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

I never mentioned glorification. Actually I hate it, that "We are the best of the best of the best"-behavior. And I have no intention in rewriting history or denying it.

I just want to see a movie, which also shows the dark side of both sides, not only light. How young men blinded by lies, half truth and propaganda were thrown into an environment where only death is certain.

The only thing what I want is to see a movie in which you can see what happens to people, and how they became like that.

As a warning for the future, showing the cruelity of war and to remember those who died on all sides.

PS: And I have no interrest in starting a fundamental debate of, who is the badest war criminal. fact is germany did the worst in WWII.