Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 09-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boandlgramer View Post
Nice to have such old people here , who did the fighting
Fair point, it's easy to get carried away with feelings of national involvement.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 09-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

To sum it up.. Germany bit off more than it could chew way before it went to war with the UK.. With regards to the defeat of Germany.. It was never a question of 'if' just a question of 'when'
Old 09-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Again, given that we had our cowardly english asses chased across the channel and we left all our toys behind, sounds like we had nothing left but tea to offer, so why let a little puddle prevent the opportunity for a delicious hot beverage.

yes it took a bit of time to prepare for the Normandy landings, after all we had all that time to drink tea and do bugger all else, not like we were fighting anywhere else in the world now is it....oh wait..
After Dunkirk you didn't had more left but tea to offer!!
Otherwise why should Churchill Lend & Lease some 50 war weary US Destroyers?
Ah yes because you ran out even on tea.
And your British Army sucked on every major Battle until the USA showed up at the ETO, the same is for the PTO!
But that's maybe because they didn't had allways Canadians and Australians on their side, they know how to fight!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo-Otto View Post
After Dunkirk you didn't had more left but tea to offer!!
Otherwise why should Churchill Lend & Lease some 50 war weary US Destroyers?
Ah yes because you ran out even on tea.
And your British Army sucked on every major Battle until the USA showed up at the ETO, the same is for the PTO!
But that's maybe because they didn't had allways Canadians and Australians on their side, they know how to fight!
Ah OK, so you Germans just sacrificed a few LW pilots to us Brits for a bit of sport just to make us feel better.....I see, I guess it was the same in North Africa too, us poor Brits spent the whole time moaning about how the Germans kept taking all the best spots on the beach with their towels, so you graciously retreated and left us to it.....thanks, I suppose the comando raids we made in Norway were just a clear illustration of how cowardly the Brits could be, war weary US destroyers......way I see it they weren't seeing much war at the time so somebody may as well have been using them.

DISCLAIMER.....for the next pedant that wants to point out my use of the words us/we, may I please remind you I made no suggestion I was out there fighting the war myself.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 09-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

Apart for the fact that this whole thread is in the wrong room and a mere silly provocation, I would like to stress out that no matter what people here say, most reliable historians (even RAF ones) say that the Battle of Britain wasn't won or lost by either side, at least not until the end of the conflict.

The German command suspended Operation Sea Lion in view of Barbarossa, so that they could concentrate more resources on the huge Russian front.

The United Kingdom opposed a strong defence to the German attacks, but the attrition of the Battle of Britain was surely doing more damage to Great Britain than to Germany, let's not forget that whilst Great Britain had most of their resources involved in the Battle of Britain, Germany had its forces scattered all over Europe.

Without going into the battle of what ifs, we can surely say that Great Britain got back into the war only after the Americans flooded their territory with troops, vehicles and aeroplanes. Great Britain alone would have NEVER been able to go anywhere beyond the Channel, hadn't the Americans joined in the war effort.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

yes just consideration AMERICAN HELP BRITTAIN if american not help BRITTAIN after BRITTAIN not have any canche of attak germany or italy.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo-Otto View Post
Sternjäger let them dream on about the BoB as their Big Victory, ok they even won the war (well with a "tiny lil bit" of US help) but afterwards they sucked permanently since 1945, i mean look at them their Cities are Crime infested shitholes with looting hordes, their economy is not worth to mention and of course their Football National team, which also sucks since 1966.

deleted, not worth the bother on such a type of person.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitbat View Post
how cute. you ....
Yes i love you too.

Last edited by Kongo-Otto; 09-18-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Agreed, but Germany didn't bite, remember, it was the Allies who declared war, not Germany. They just failed to see the determination the Allies had to prevent Germany from regaining it's lost territories and peoples.
So Germany invading the rest of europe was not an act of war? I see......... so the treaty of Versaile which was drawn up after the Germans last act of aggression and subsequent defeat was just 'unfair'?, like nobody had the right to stand in their way while they did whatever they wanted, arrogant ***t's

Last edited by bongodriver; 09-18-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

guys, there is no need to get aggressive on each other over a matter that was resolved 65 years ago.

Truth is that ignorants will be ignorants, living in England has taught me that Britons are probably one of the most stubborn populations on this planet (if not the Solar System), which is both a good and a bad thing.

Some Britons can't be objective: characters like Dowding, Harris and above all Montgomery (a pompous imbecile, nothing more nothing less) embody a military ineptitude that, again hadn't the Americans joined, would have been fatal to them. They even took the mick on their allies, but then again some justify it by saying it's the awkward British way of showing gratitude, go figure..