Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 04-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmagnuso View Post
I get much input lag in the game. When i shut down the game, turn my computer off and then turn it on again the input lag remains, both from keyboard and from mouse. And thats not even in the game, thats in Windows. I try to run a movie from my computer, it lags horrendously. All input from my keyboard when i write this lags almost a second. My whole system is screwed up. This has not happened before, I have had this system almost a year now, but now I am almost unable to do anything because of input lag.

I run Windows 7 64 bit, Core i5 750 @ 4 GGz, 8 Gb RAM, Gigabyte mainboard.
yeah, curious... my system exhibits those symptoms too, the mouse especially though not as severe as your post suggests
Old 04-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

When i turned my computer on this morning it seems like most of the input lag in Windows is gone. My videos still lag, irrespective of size and file format, when i play them in VLC. If I use Windows Media player they work fine. I have reinstalled VLC, but the problem remains. Anyoine have a clue what might be wrong?

Edit: Other mediaplayers seem to be working fine, but when I start VLC the video stutter and I get much input lag with everything i try to do (inputs from mouse, keyboard and so on)

Last edited by carlmagnuso; 04-03-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Try disabling vsynk in drivers and turn off Win7 Aero themes.

Does it help?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmagnuso View Post
I get much input lag in the game. When i shut down the game, turn my computer off and then turn it on again the input lag remains, both from keyboard and from mouse. And thats not even in the game, thats in Windows. I try to run a movie from my computer, it lags horrendously. All input from my keyboard when i write this lags almost a second. My whole system is screwed up. This has not happened before, I have had this system almost a year now, but now I am almost unable to do anything because of input lag.

I run Windows 7 64 bit, Core i5 750 @ 4 GGz, 8 Gb RAM, Gigabyte mainboard.
Ummm, well since it's persisting in windows the problem is almost certainly with your system itself and not the game. Particularly if it persists at all after reboot.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

I've got 1.7gigs of video ram and I don't get lag until after an hour or two of flying. Then some keys stop working entirely, the mouse cursor disappears and I lose joystick functions, and even after quitting win7/64 behaves strangely. A warm reboot doesn't help but shutting off the power and restarting does. This ain't a windows problem. Using .NET for anything other than splash screens and menus is crazy IMHO.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Try disabling vsynk in drivers and turn off Win7 Aero themes.

Does it help?
Disabling vsync? Do you mean you can get it *enabled*? The nvidia control panel override fails, as does Rivatuner's D3DOverrider, and there is no in-game setting. As you can probably guess I am getting bad screen tearing!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

I just experienced input lag for the first time - very distinct drop in response to freetrack and controller input. There didn't seem to be any particular reason (that I could discern) as FPS was still 60+ and no stuttering. A restart fixed it.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

This is my two cents on the lag input:

1C has modeled FM's perfectly, in real life when you move the stick the plane doesn't respond immediately, it has about 1/4 second delay. This was the hardest thing for me to get used to while getting my PPL. I would imagine this delay would be in ww2 aircraft as well. I have never flown a ww2 bird but I think the delay is suppose to be there. It is just something you have to get used to, just like in real life flying.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RS]Boomer View Post
This is my two cents on the lag input:

1C has modeled FM's perfectly, in real life when you move the stick the plane doesn't respond immediately, it has about 1/4 second delay. This was the hardest thing for me to get used to while getting my PPL. I would imagine this delay would be in ww2 aircraft as well. I have never flown a ww2 bird but I think the delay is suppose to be there. It is just something you have to get used to, just like in real life flying.
If I press the trigger, the guns shoot delayed, too.
This behaviour cannot be intentional.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Since I have problems with VLC as well I have a sneaking suspicion that it is TAGES thats messing things up, but I am not sure. I will try to disable Vsync and Aero in Win 7 and get back to you after that.