Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Registered Member

Then may be power2 is ok. Looks like it will be 4x multipler (12 againts 3 original) in earlier game and 10x multipler (30 againts 3 original) in later.
Weak creatures will be more fun, strong - sometimes stronger than original (untill hero recieve 20+ damage and attack). Still, due to big amount of low level creatures not sure if game will be too easy in later parts. It's interesting to see wery strong and very weak stacks, not same "one archer" stack everywhere like on first 3 islands.
Don't know (and kinda don't want to see spoilers), but it's important what type of creatures will be in latergame.

Also, looks like i've used optimal tactical 2nd level skill - all slow units were able to deal damage to spider in first turn (with 2 criticals).
Also, should be noticed that mod equals differences between -30 to 30 making attack and defence less important in that cases (all first islands). Dunno if it is good or bad.

Last edited by b5523482; 01-15-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:10 AM
Approved Member

Well, ultimately your style determines which one you like.
I think I used power2 in my last play-through.
If I remember correctly, it was a bit tough at times near the end-game.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csimbi View Post
Well, ultimately your style determines which one you like.
I think I used power2 in my last play-through.
If I remember correctly, it was a bit tough at times near the end-game.
Then thanks for this info, stuff should be interesing enough.
May be it's good idea to put power2 as default.
And of course thanks for the mods, there are less than 5 of them in whole internet(.

P.S. Going to retry spider in power2. With as much as possible losses . If it won't be ok difficulty, i'll post in about 1-2h.
P.P.S. No, not going( lost all saves before.

Last edited by b5523482; 01-15-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by urquhart View Post
I just hit the same problem.
I am not really a modder, but this one wasn't too complicated: all that had to be done was to replace the 'items.txt' in the 'updated_files'-folder with the one from the newest patch (in 'ses.kfs') - and of course include the reference to 'new_items.txt'.
As a side note for different language users: just rename the prefix of the '.lng' to something appropriate (ex: 'eng' -> 'ger') and (optionally) translate the included text-passages...
Hi, Im newbe and I cant this mods work. I have oryginal polish steam version, and i havent seen any of ".lng', 'items.txt', 'updated_files'-folder or 'new_items.txt'. I have 3 new items but when i am talking to them its showing only some "chat,system,1111111221,name" or "actor;system;name1111111" etc. Can U please tell me whats wrong?
Old 01-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

A blessed soul has granted me access to this game temporarily on Steam.
He has the English Valhalla Edition, so these mods have been updated for that release in specific.
The main menu says 1.3.1 build 6250 - though that does not mean squat it seems.

Anyway, I attached all the mods (not only the three in the subject line, but others that I have updated for this release). The web sites accepts max. 5 files and only ZIPs (no RARs), so I put them all in one.

Be sure to read each readmes - some of these might conflict or be unbalancing to the gameplay.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mod_wn131_valhalla_steam_package.zip (537.5 KB, 89 views)
Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

Hero interface attack and defense description is "Unknown; will default to Original.", it's correct?
If that's not working right, how to solve that?
I'm install only "mod_wn131_valhalla_steam_package" mod pack.

Anyway, thx for this mods.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

No it's not correct. The game does not read the global variables correctly for some reason.
Could not figure out why. I left the code in, just in case they fix the game in the future.

What do you mean by:
Quote:
I'm install only "mod_wn131_valhalla_steam_package" mod pack.
You should not install this as a whole. Extract it somewhere and install the pieces you want - there will be conflicts at least with the mod_wn131_valhalla_steam_mod_pack and its originals (it combines three mods in there).
Old 01-28-2014, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
No it's not correct. The game does not read the global variables correctly for some reason.
Could not figure out why. I left the code in, just in case they fix the game in the future.
It mean Damage Calc mod isn't work to me until it dev fixed? oh god

Thx for reply.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

You misunderstand. The mods work just fine,. but that one specific label does not display the current setting correctly.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:01 AM
Registered Member

Ah, i thought that incorrect decription = not working mod.

Thanks for all.
Have a good day!