Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Default +1 to optional

I cant belive the Epileptics countermeasures are true, i can understand that like a gift to allow peoples with this probles due its dangerous , but like a nonsugar-cake for diabetic peoles, its a +feature not a must.
Diabetic persons knows what can eat or not, and the same with the games and the epileptic.
The peoles are worried about loss in FPS, but what about losing rapid flashes?! i.e. when you fire in the night, or a plane cross over the sun.
That kind o filter soften the hard changes in luminosity, that are some time needed for realism and acurracy or inmersion.
Can you imagine a cinema director or a musicvideos director , limited with such standar?I think this filter should be provided by the graphics card manufactures, so its working apart of the game.The game should only have a warning about epileptic in the cover.
If the game has this filter like a estra and otional its of course welcome and apreciated.

Last edited by Jotaele; 03-25-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG4_Helofly View Post
On dirait une lettre de postulation
Pas trop dramatique, tout de même suffisamment direct ...
Old 03-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Yes, it's the loss of realism and nice little touches (e.g. propeller transparency) that Olegs team wanted to give us that upsets me the most.

The speed/FPS issue doesn't bother me quite so much, because given time we will all have faster computers and/or more optimised code that will defuse this issue.

The realism/fancy touches 'in their intended form' are far less likely to make a return.

Damned Ubi!
BobTuck.

p.s. a member of my family is epileptic too, and they agree that this overkill is a ridiculous state of affairs - a warning would have been sufficient.

Last edited by BobTuck; 03-25-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

what about the night flying, will we see exhaust flashes that were used to spot planes in the dark?
i dont know bout you guys but i always fancied being a night fighter, but in IL2 it wasnt realistic enough
Old 03-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

+1 make it optional!
Old 03-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Optional makes the best sense
Old 03-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19472
Luthier's response.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

they CAN'T.

If they did remove or make it optional, they (as in the devs, not sure about ubi) would be liable to a lawsuit which would mean no more studio.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaele View Post
I cant belive the Epileptics countermeasures are true, i can understand that like a gift to allow peoples with this probles due its dangerous , but like a nonsugar-cake for diabetic peoles, its a +feature not a must.
Diabetic persons knows what can eat or not, and the same with the games and the epileptic.
I'd like to see it as an option but it would have to be an option that was switched on by default as many people don't know they are susceptible to epiletic seizures. A friend of mine who was a very healthy person, had been a member of the armed forces for years without any issues suddenly had an epileptic fit in front of me triggered by a game we were playing on his PC. He's been a gamer for years too but this one game and the ambient light around him just seemed to trigger it.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.JaVA_Sharp View Post
they CAN'T.

If they did remove or make it optional, they (as in the devs, not sure about ubi) would be liable to a lawsuit which would mean no more studio.
Yeah they could. As long as the game has a disclaimer they would be covered.
“Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Closed Thread